Corner Cutter Cage Style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corner Cutter Cage Style

What is the deal with people on our country roads who think its ok to cut the corners? I went for a little squirt north of our city this morning and found my side of the road occupied by oncoming traffic twice. Both blind corners. Whilst I left a little bit of safety margin in my approach to these corners and safely continued on, things could have turned bad if I was less experienced, blowing out the cobwebs or the driver panicked and target fixated me.

My lane is my track. I don't cross the lines unless I am passing. Stay off my track unless you are travelling in the same direction. I think that is fair enough. Don't you?

I left a little bit of safety margin in my approach[/b]
    Smart move. Get used to it!
    Damo

Comment

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tornado @ Oct 7 2007, 05:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
      Smart move. Get used to it!
      [/b][/quote]

Yep, they do it in residential area too (turn off to my street)
      "Some people are like clouds. When they disappear it's a beautiful day"

Comment

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tornado @ Oct 7 2007, 05:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
        Smart move. Get used to it
        [/b][/quote]

It&#39;s a shame that we have to though. They were probably thinking " Bloody biker hoon", but I wasn&#39;t travelling over the posted limit. We seem to cop the blame automatically. Suppose we can&#39;t argue from our body bags.

Comment

Yep, I&#39;ve been cut off many times at the entrance to my street and general riding around perth.

I&#39;m always riding defensive and trying to anticipate what drivers are going to do.

Sometimes it just makes you wonder though.......
          `Ride on Cam - No. 52` :aus-salute:

Comment

yep. happens alot. It does suck that we have to get used to it, but thats life.
            Those who risk nothing, do nothing, achieve nothing, become nothing.

Comment

it aint just the cars

4 times today on the memorial ride riders coming in the opposite direction had to take avasive action because they were on the wrong side of the line
              Real Men Ride Nakid
              http://www.streetfighters.com.au

Comment

city drivers on country roads...

goes hand in hand with the "overtake 3 cars at once" style.

No amount of genius can overcome a preoccupation to detail.

Comment

What is the deal with people on our country roads who think its ok to cut the corners? I went for a little squirt north of our city this morning and found my side of the road occupied by oncoming traffic twice. Both blind corners. Whilst I left a little bit of safety margin in my approach to these corners and safely continued on, things could have turned bad if I was less experienced, blowing out the cobwebs or the driver panicked and target fixated me.

My lane is my track. I don&#39;t cross the lines unless I am passing. Stay off my track unless you are travelling in the same direction. I think that is fair enough. Don&#39;t you?[/b]
                  Yup happened to me 3 times on the country run yesterday - once on the way out and twice on the way back. Unfortunately it&#39;s all too common.

goes hand in hand with the "overtake 3 cars at once" style.[/b]
                  The what now? I don&#39;t get what you mean by that.
                  "Look wise guy, I know I'm a racer, I can feel it in my code."

Comment

Fucking cagers.....

Comment

Yer as has been said it isn&#39;t just the country...

Suburbia is great for it to, and sometimes a motorcycle just happens to be sitting there instead. Luckily for me after 25m sail through the air I didn&#39;t break anything, just a mangled bike.
                      Feed 'em to the pigs, Errol....

Comment

I had to giggle a little last night- Little blue buzz-box paying very close attention to his mirrors- watches the bike go past, then changes into the lane behind him. ONTO ME, THERE WERE IN FACT TWO OF US! But the fact that he paid so much attention to his right wing mirror, carefully making sure he didn&#39;t take out the scary biker, just made me think "well at least he uses them somewhat!"

+1 for stikkin&#39;in your own dam lane. My first group run saw a white falcon mullet wearer staring me down. I&#39;d had my license 3 weeks at that stage, so going nice and easy meant I didn&#39;t have to panic, he had time to move the hell ova.
                        <3 Nay!

"Oh look this is where you get to have a break Weeeeeeee!!"
                        ~ Grant Denyer, headed toward turn 7 in a mini

Comment

I had to giggle a little last night- Little blue buzz-box paying very close attention to his mirrors- watches the bike go past, then changes into the lane behind him. ONTO ME, THERE WERE IN FACT TWO OF US![/b]
                          99% of the time I&#39;m the &#39;second biker&#39; so I know how that feels. I try to make a little extra noise (not hard on my bike! ) to help them realise I&#39;m there and then get past as quickly as possible.
                          "Look wise guy, I know I'm a racer, I can feel it in my code."

Comment

Yep, as has been said, its all to common both in the city and country. You just learn to defensive drive as &#39;For warned is for armed&#39;

sigpic your halo only has to fall a short distance to become a noose

Comment

i was on my HR truck lesson in Joondalup yesterday and this dumb old tart in some nondescript shitbox pulled right out in front of me, causing me to leave a nice arrangement of twin wheeled black lines across the road. Now this goes to show if these dickheads can&#39;t even see a fkn huge cement truck bearing down on them from a distance of about 20m then us riders have got no chance.

Comment

Working...
                              X