Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Inspectors are your friends!

Yes, you heard right!

In the city, idiot cages parked across multiple m/c bays on both murray and hay st, went to the info booth in the mall and told the guys there, they called out the inspectors, I'd love to see the cagers faces when they get back

AH HAHAH.

So, here's to the inspectors, hip-hip hooray!

Edit: Typo
    Meow.

That was my girlfriend!
    Ya dibber-dobber!

She was covering someones 6am start at the Hotel/Pub and didn't notice.
    (Normally works weekdays, the trains are going so she doesn't drive.)

Mel realised when she got back to the car and feels really guilty about it.
    Not to mention I've given her heaps of crap. :twisted:

From Mel: SORRY! :oops:
    sigpic

Comment

Gold.

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

Comment

I had to go back into the city later in the afternoon, from the other end this time, found two more cages on another 5-10 bays, didn't have time to bother with it this time

I wonder if the council will accept a photograph as evidence?

Much easier to mail a digital snap than hunt down inspectors.

I still think if a car parks on 5 bays they should get 5 tickets
        Meow.

Comment

From Mel: SORRY! :oops:
          Accepted ^.^
          Meow.

Comment

Parking inspectors arn't cool.....and neither are the fines...

$100 for parking your car briefly to help a mate out who just threw a rear tyre....ridiculous.....and you only get a $50 fine for doing 5km/h over the limit, BUT if we are to take notice of the new ad campaign that is currently being forced down our throats, we are led to believe that 5km/h can lead to you slamming into a moving truck because you can't possibly pull your car up in time...hrrmm..

Russ
            Fat kids always win at see-saw

Comment

as dugy what the fine was for parking in bike spots is......

should be about 5 times what it was, seeing as she parked over 5 bays!

(\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(")

Comment

Parking inspectors arn't cool.....and neither are the fines...

BUT if we are to take notice of the new ad campaign that is currently being forced down our throats, we are led to believe that 5km/h can lead to you slamming into a moving truck because you can't possibly pull your car up in time...hrrmm..
                Russ
                Or swerve the 1m to the right to avoid it....

A few weeks ago in the city, near Miss Maud's and a car was in the bike spots... As I pulled in, the inspector was already writing a ticket. Told him "Thanks"

Also, was parked in Sherwood St just off Adelaide terrace the other day. It's a 15min parking spot. I parked the bike across the two bays (90 degrees from the kerb) and went away for an hour. Not really in anyones way at all, both bays had more than enough room for cars... Came back and the car behind me had TWO $35 ttickets. The good ol' Ninja had nothing! So maybe they are our friends after all.

bman.
                Reporting LIVE from Scotland!

Comment

Whats the deal with ticket parking and bikes?

I've thought about it before - you cant put a ticket on the bike even if you can find somewhere to tuck it as someone could easily just pick it up and ...tada! - free parking!

Has anyone got a parking fine for their bike? (when parked legally!)

Comment

ask dugy what the fine was for parking in bike spots is......
                    $35. For the city I was surprised it was only that much.

should be about 5 times what it was, seeing as she parked over 5 bays!
                    I bet they wish they could.

you cant put a ticket on the bike
                    Yeah they do, they slide the ticket part way under the seat.
                    sigpic

Comment

you cant put a ticket on the bike
                      Yeah they do, they slide the ticket part way under the seat.
                      i think he meant when u pay for parking.... where do you put yer receipt thingy? you know.... the thing u display in yer cage window?

Comment

yup ive had a ticket for parking ... got a ticket and then had to take it with me .. .. grey ghost came by and got me .. in the end i didnt pay it ..but its a pain to fight
                        Some say he eats sidchrome for breakfast

Some say he only showers on even days of the week

Some say he put an R1 motor in a coffee machine

All we know is he's Hewie.

Comment

i think he meant when u pay for parking.... where do you put yer receipt thingy? you know.... the thing u display in yer cage window?
                          Ahh ok,

If I've had to use a cage parking spot I've put the ticket under the grab strap on the pillion seat.

Done this three times in subi and not got a ticket.
                          Dunno if it worked or I just got lucky.
                          sigpic

Comment

yup, I got a ticket for parking in Wilsons parking in the City (Near Sunday times) slapped it on the cage behind me, never heard a thing...

Comment

heres a tip for tickets on bikes.

if your phone has a camera take a photo of it next to your plate so you can see the time then put on seat if it gets taken and you are within the time limits it will be good evidence of purchace
                              A site all parents should check regulary
                              http://www.mako.org.au/temp_a.html

(+)

Comment

Working...
                              X