This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looser scooter riders

I hate being so negative but these guys deserve it. I was heading up Waneroo Rd today when a group of maybe 8 P plate scooter riders come off a side street. All with no gear except helmets. Anyhow, off they go, racing each other, 3 and 4 wide through very busy traffic (for a Sunday). Now normally I wouldn't have given it a second glance, but while one was undertaking , another was over taking and a third tried to push his way through the middle so now it's 4 wide in the right hand lane, and another 3 or so in the left and one (clever one) hanging back.

Anyway, the guy in the middle of the scrum decides that the two pushing past him are too close and moves over to the left, right on top of the other group. Yes he was head checking....to the right!!! All I saw was two scooters touch wheels, one loose control (in front of cars) and it almost all came to a very ugly end.

No joke, I almost thought two or more were going under the car!!!

Pity we all get painted with the same brush.

D'Art

hahaha i remember doin a similiar thing at aust post, 6 honda ct110's hoonin like sick as ryders up marmion hahaha those were good times... but yer scooters suck lol
    (226): Forecast for tonight is alcohol, low standards and poor decisions.

Comment

i dont ride a scooter but i have seen plenty of motorbike riders doing way worse stuff while in groups!!

Comment

sounds like fun, maybe a road with less traffic would have been a better road to play on

Comment

i am on my 250 p's and i was at the lights and 2 P plate monza scooters pulled up along side of me, so i did the usual look around while ur waiting at the lights they gave the "nod" and reved their angry lil mozzie motors, so i figured why not lights turned green the two buzzed off a waited a little bit then gave it shit, stupid mopeds tryin to take some thing they can't would be like me trying to out drag my Dad or my bro (megpet Caillin)
          Hot air balloons, the gentleman's escape vehicle.

Comment

Fuckheads on scooters are everywhere out here.

I watched the other day while one of them stopped at a stop sign (an odd occurance), then roll the scooter back into the car behind him half a dozen times. Apparently as a hilarious joke with his pal, then they took off chasing each other down the road.

Working at the uni, there's packs of these fucking smackwits everywhere. Tempted to go and slash each and every tyre just so they can live a little longer.
            such comment
            wow
            many post

Comment

Car drivers see a few bike riders doing the wrong thing and they're all menaces...

Bike riders see a few scooter riders doing the wrong thing and they're all menaces...

Human instinct is generally to group up and bully to make you feel better, c'mon guys, we don't like it so why do it to them?

Comment

today must of been scooter day dozens of them buzzing all over the place. scary little buggers
                National pride should not be a crime!.

Comment

I think the negativity comes from the squid nature of the lack of safety gear.. and the lack of training required to own one.. but that's just how i read between the lines.
                  Come and see us in the 2011 Avon Descent - we're racing boat #234 !

Comment

How much looser do you want them to be?

sorry i am guessing you meant loser, my bad.
                    Atlas Performance, dyna pumps, " your name goes here"

Comment

The fact that you don't need a licence or any form of training really bugs me. They're tiny, fit better into blind spots and only do 60km/h which means you get stuck in blind spots. Also when they split they often can't out accelerate the cars they're next to.
                      DISCLAIMER: I is an idiot

"Physics is: - like sex. Sure, it may give some practical results, but that's not why we do it.
                      - to maths what sex is to masturbation"
                      -Richard Feynman

Comment

There should be a basic skill level required to get one. I shake my head regularly as I see them in traffic on their way home from office jobs. In heels, wearing skirts and no real safety gear except helmet. 60 kays an hour is enough to make a decent mess of your flesh whilst sliding down the road. They should at least be advised of the risk of not having some riding gear.

Comment

Was there another PSB Scooter Run I wasn't aware of??

Dammit.

Believe me I saw much worse than this on the last scooter run, but yes I think 50cc Scooter riders should have their own class not just a car licence. Maybe even just a simple theory test and simple road test.
                          JP

Jason Hodges

Comment

Originally posted by arwon View Post
                            sorry i am guessing you meant loser, my bad.
                            As English is my third language, I plead innocent!! :p

Also, I wasn't having a go at 'fun' or scooters in general, but rather time and place. The two that collided were about 3 secs off being under a car...and that would have been bad for us all!!

D'Art

Comment

Originally posted by bibendum View Post
                              Was there another PSB Scooter Run I wasn't aware of??

Dammit.

Believe me I saw much worse than this on the last scooter run, but yes I think 50cc Scooter riders should have their own class not just a car licence. Maybe even just a simple theory test and simple road test.
                              Heh, that would blow waiting times for a license out to 2 years...

Comment

Working...
                              X