Buy now from the USA .90 AUD to USD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buy now from the USA .90 AUD to USD

Anyone looking at getting something form the states soon is the time to do it.
    Australian dollar hits 23-year high | NEWS.com.au Business

Yep just dropped 4k AUD on parts
    My Turbo Build

Thanks to Sponsors:
    Motorcycle Panel & Paint
    Q-Zar Fremantle
    Rated-R Parts
    PerthStreetBikes.com and it's generous members
    Carlisle Printing - Deals for PSB members
    CIC - Competition & Industrial Coatings
    Carpet Liquidators - Midland

Comment

anyone know of a good site to get a m4 or anyother good exhaust for gixxer k6 1k
      yoshi is not loud enough

Comment

Someone on here, or the "other forum" had an M4 exhaust for sale for a Gixxer. Can't remember what year/size though...

Comment

that was a k7 m4

fuck this exchange rate.
          grr.

Comment

sucks to get paid in USD
            If cleanliness is next to godliness, why was jesus a dirty sandal-wearing beardo?

Comment

amen to that

Comment

wonder when we are going to see prices in shops dropping to reflect this. Haven't seen anything so far.
                No amount of genius can overcome a preoccupation to detail.

Comment

doubt itll happen, theyll just enjoy their increased profit margins
                  If cleanliness is next to godliness, why was jesus a dirty sandal-wearing beardo?

Comment

If the shops here bought stuff from the US or in US$, we might see it reflected in their prices. They don't, they buy it from a wholesaler. The wholesaler has already paid for the stock previously at a lower exchange rate, so they can't give the shops a better price given what the current $ value is, otherwise its all additional loss. Wholesalers set a price for the year, hoping to make a profit based on currency, but if the exchange rate changes as much as it has recently, they can make a killing, as long as they order when the exchange is good.
                    I'm happy to buy from the US for some stuff, otherwise am happy with the prices here.

Live with it (something I seem to be saying regularly at the moment.), stop your whinging and come to expect it. They are business's, not a charity
                    Last edited by BlackFZR; 09-10-2007, 01:36 PM. Reason: Correction from Sathid :)
                    Sponsored by:

Billetta Imports, Motorcycle Panel & Paint, Pirelli, YAMALUBE

Comment

Originally posted by semi View Post
                      sucks to get paid in USD
                      thats a fact, was 72c when I went back O/S so given a 25% pay cut since then! :o

Comment

When i started my first web business I made good money in US$ and the exchange rate was .52 to the dollar.

God that was good.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackFZR View Post
                          If the shops here bought stuff from the US or in US$, we might see it reflected in their prices. They don't, they buy it from a wholesaler. The wholesaler has already paid for the stock previously at a lower exchange rate, so they can't give the shops a better price given what the current $ value is, otherwise its all loss. Wholesalers set a price for the year, hoping to make a profit based on currency, but if the exchange rate changes as much as it has recently, they can potentially hardly even break even.
                          How does that work? If they (the wholesalers) have already bought the stock, how does currency changes affect them at all, or if they buy throughout the year, and sell at a set price, and the AUS$ is MORE valuable against the US dollar, they make MORE money. Something seems up with either your logic or my understanding

I'm happy to buy from the US for some stuff, otherwise am happy with the prices here.

Live with it (something I seem to be saying regularly at the moment.), stop your whinging and come to expect it. They are business's, not a charity
                          I'm not a charity either, which is why if I can get something particularly cheaper somewhere else, I will. Especially if they don't feel the desire to help the customer out by passing on at least to SOME degree, any saving they receive. It's a two way street.
                          No amount of genius can overcome a preoccupation to detail.

Comment

Originally posted by cbr1000rr View Post
                            Buy now from the USA .90 AUD to USD
                            K.

You're a bad influence
                            FTP

Comment

If the shops here bought stuff from the US or in US$, we might see it reflected in their prices. They don't, they buy it from a wholesaler. The wholesaler has already paid for the stock previously at a lower exchange rate, so they can't give the shops a better price given what the current $ value is, otherwise its all loss. Wholesalers set a price for the year, hoping to make a profit based on currency, but if the exchange rate changes as much as it has recently, they can potentially hardly even break even.
                              The wholesalers would take possible changes in the Australian dollar into account when setting their prices. If the dollar goes up - they're laughing. If the dollar goes back to 75c, then they've probably hedged that risk with higher prices which don't seem to have changed much...

Hell, if the dollar went up and I was a wholesaler, I'd be leaving my prices where they were and reap the benefits. Easier to leave the price set than drop it and put up with people whinging when it goes back up.

Comment

Working...
                              X