Why do they do it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do they do it?

Ok, as some of you may already know, I had an off last week. I didn't have a scratch on me anywhere, though my bike is now cosmetically challenged down one side. I was only going about 20-25km/h then everyone's best mate Mr Gravel made an appearance and I lost the front end. Shit happens.

Problem is, now the missus reckons I can't ride for shit (which is prolly true, I dunno ) and I should sell the bike and stay away from them for the rest of my life. I told her flat out NO! I'm keeping the bike and that's that. It was a low speed incident and could happen to anyone and the main thing is I'm ok and I have insurance to fix the bike.

Now she's throwing the whole "it's either me or the bike" bullshit at me. Now generally speaking I'd just say stuff the bitch I want the bike, but that's not an option.

Just putting it out there, will it blow over (I'm guessing yes) but will my life be worth living?

Just putting it out there.
    Last edited by kwakas; 23-10-2007, 10:34 AM.
    Originally posted by kyliejane
    benjamin is nobodys friend. if benjamin were an ice cream flavor, he'd be pralines and dick.
    Originally posted by harns
    Good riders don't need insurance though, they can evade any situation

BUY_MY_BIKE!!!

Originally posted by kwakas View Post
    Now she's throwing the whole "it's either me or the bike" bullshit at me. Now generally speaking I'd just say stuff the bitch I want the bike, but that's not an option.
    yes it is.

Comment

.....I am siding with the bike on this one

Comment

She should respect your passions, you weren't seriously hurt.

Comment

She's not another girl we both didn't know we both knew in real life is she?
          This is general advice only and does not take into account your individual objectives, financial situation or needs (your personal circumstances). Before using this advice to decide whether to purchase a product you should consider how appropriate it is in regard to your personal circumstances.

Comment

wasn't hurt at all! not a mark, not even a tear in my jeans. I did however get some gravel dust on my jacket so that will need a wash, and I do need a new visor for the helmet....hang on, no i have a spare one anyway.
            benjamin is nobodys friend. if benjamin were an ice cream flavor, he'd be pralines and dick.

BUY_MY_BIKE!!!

Comment

she will cool off, just ignore her. Did you get earplugs with the rest of us during the dB at 100kmh thread? Put those in, they should help.
              Originally posted by Bendito
              If we get to a stop and we are missing a dozen bikes and you are last, it was your fault. Don't be that guy. No one likes that guy.

Comment

Seriously, if she's giving you the ultimatum, take it.

Comment

Originally posted by Taylor View Post
                  Taylor = sped.

Comment

Yeah my missus doesn't like the bikes but she knows i wouldn't give them up...

Comment

Take it from one who made the wrong choice:
                      1. Offered ultimatum
                      2. Caved like a whining little bitch.
                      3. Spent the next two years miserable and hating it every time I got into a car.
                      4. Ended up splitting up anyway, despite kids+home+etc etc etc
                      5. Got a bike.

If it comes down to a "me or the bike" ultimatum the relationship is doomed anyway. By getting rid of the bike you're only prolonging the inevitable.

If you can explain the passion, or even just get her to acknowledge its existence, and she continues to request that you get rid of it - then it's time to leave.

This is a rough, arbitrary and nasty over-generalisation.

But if riding is important to you, do not sacrifice it and bury yet another part of what makes you "you" in the relationship. You'll end up resenting her for it, and separation will only hurt the more in the end.
                      "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

Originally posted by Desmogod View Post
                        Taylor = sped.
                        I ask, because if she is, then the influence I might hold with her friends could change her perspective.
                        This is general advice only and does not take into account your individual objectives, financial situation or needs (your personal circumstances). Before using this advice to decide whether to purchase a product you should consider how appropriate it is in regard to your personal circumstances.

Comment

Originally posted by Taylor View Post

I don't think so mate....would be funny tho

BUY_MY_BIKE!!!

Comment

keep riding the bike and use the arguments for hatesex.

Comment

Offer her a deal involving the depths of sexual depravity, photographs and you will get rid of the bike.

Pound her like you just got out of prison, post the photos here and keep the bike.

Only way to prove you're the Alpha male in this situation bro.
                              such comment
                              wow
                              many post

Comment

Working...
                              X