Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Power Commander

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Power Commander

    Sorry if this is a heavily repeated question!! Could not find any threads when performing a search!

    Anyway!

    Who are the best people to fit, and setup a power commander here in Perth.

    An approximate price would also be greatly appreciated.

    Many thanks.

  • #2
    Very easy to install yourself. Russ at Dynotime tends to be the favourite although RILUSI also have a dyno now. Normally a couple of hunge for a dyno run & tune. Not sure about getting them to install but I wouldnt imagine it would be too much more. It only takes about half an hour to do.
    In complete darkness we are all the same. It is only our knowledge and wisdom that seperate us. Dont let your eyes deceive you.
    Its the little things that make the difference
    Originally posted by IPIT on relationships
    If either/both of you can take a dump with the other person being next to you within a week of meeting them then you're in with a VERY good chance.

    Comment


    • #3
      Spotted a PCIII in a shop yesterday for $550.00

      Bought mine from an ebay shop for $360 shipped. Took 10 days to arrive (coz that company only ships once a week).

      Ya, great, but then you got to get the map right. I installed their own map for the 'busa with a Micron full system and it ran like a bag of shit.

      Result: disconnect PCIII (the install is a piece of piss) and booked in with Russell at Dyno Time for $300.00 for a full map build in a couple of weeks.

      Oh yeah, and be careful about your choice of tuner. Russell's built a reputation as one of Perth's best dyno and suspension tuners after a long time on these machines. There are other guys who have just bought dynos and are trying to crack into the market with lower prices - but you're pretty much paying them to learn how to run their machine. Not saying they wouldn't get you a decent map, mind, but think about it...
      Last edited by Captain Starfish; 09-10-2007, 12:36 PM. Reason: more info on selecting your dyno tuner
      "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Captain Starfish View Post
        Oh yeah, and be careful about your choice of tuner. Russell's built a reputation as one of Perth's best dyno and suspension tuners after a long time on these machines. There are other guys who have just bought dynos and are trying to crack into the market with lower prices - but you're pretty much paying them to learn how to run their machine. Not saying they wouldn't get you a decent map, mind, but think about it...

        +1.

        Cant buy exp.

        Comment


        • #5
          ^^ Well, saf, you can mate.

          That's why Russell's getting my $$$ - I wanna buy HIS experience!
          "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

          Comment


          • #6
            Slightly off topic but does the Power commander do away with the built in 300kph limit imposed on most late model japanese bikes
            LIVE TO RIDE AND RIDE TO LIVE
            LET THOSE WHO RIDE DECIDE

            'Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out,
            shouting 'FUCK YEAH ...WHAT A RIDE!'

            REGRET NOTHING YOUVE DONE


            Comment


            • #7
              Nope, maps fuel (smoother curve)

              You would be after a ATRE smoothes response (suzuki only) and removes 300kph limit
              "Some people are like clouds. When they disappear it's a beautiful day"

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Halo_2 View Post
                Nope, maps fuel (smoother curve)

                You would be after a ATRE smoothes response (suzuki only) and removes 300kph limit
                Thanks for the info.
                So arent all bikes speed limited to 300kph
                LIVE TO RIDE AND RIDE TO LIVE
                LET THOSE WHO RIDE DECIDE

                'Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out,
                shouting 'FUCK YEAH ...WHAT A RIDE!'

                REGRET NOTHING YOUVE DONE


                Comment


                • #9
                  All Japanese motorcycle manufacturers, agreed to limit all their fastest bikes to 300kmh.
                  Believe theres no retail tyre rated above 300kph
                  "Some people are like clouds. When they disappear it's a beautiful day"

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Geez, I'd hate to hear the VFR at 300km/h (don't think it could make 300.. anyone?)
                    Am in the market for a PCIII so will keep an eye on this thread. Thanks for bringing it up



                    "Always out-numbered, never out-gunned"

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Sentry View Post
                      Geez, I'd hate to hear the VFR at 300km/h (don't think it could make 300.. anyone?)
                      Am in the market for a PCIII so will keep an eye on this thread. Thanks for bringing it up
                      236 on the speedo with pipes, no PC3
                      241+ with PC3 and internet map
                      ~250 with catless headers and dynotune apparently.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X