URGENT: Need to borrow Dremel Tool ASAP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• URGENT: Need to borrow Dremel Tool ASAP

A 6 pack of the finest cheapest beer to anyone that would be so kind as to lend me a dremel tool with a cutting disc suited for fibreglass.......

If anyone has one I could borrow maybe tomorrow night or friday night, that would be fantastic as the ass end of my bike is spread over my garage and i want to have it running for the newbie country ride on sunday.....

can anyone come to the rescue???
    if any kind fellow might read this in the morning, my mobile is 0401 064 393 and I would hold you in the highest regard.

(and no...... I havent crashed the R1)
    Have you won the game recently?? Post here

Originally posted by Bunyack View Post
    A 6 pack of the finest cheapest beer to anyone that would be so kind as to lend me a dremel tool with a cutting disc suited for fibreglass.......

If anyone has one I could borrow maybe tomorrow night or friday night, that would be fantastic as the ass end of my bike is spread over my garage and i want to have it running for the newbie country ride on sunday.....

can anyone come to the rescue???
    if any kind fellow might read this in the morning, my mobile is 0401 064 393 and I would hold you in the highest regard.

(and no...... I havent crashed the R1)
    I am in Malaga and have a workshop. Come n see me.

PM sent

Comment

What for mate?

(don't have dremel, may be able to help with something else)
      FTP

Comment

need to trim back aftermarket undertail. there's tabs running down the side of the rear-end fairing so the stock undertail will slot in...... and I'd much rather cut aftermarket piece than proper fairing piece.
        Have you won the game recently?? Post here

Comment

Originally posted by BigTim View Post
          What for mate?

(don't have dremel, may be able to help with something else)
          If it can't be fixed with zip ties, gaffa tape, hot glue or a glowstick, it can't be fixed.
          For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
          For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

oic.
            Hacksaw and a file wouldn't do it?

edit: Sound advice BF
            FTP

Comment

jaycar sell a chinese "dremel" pretty cheap that should help.
              My Turbo Build

Thanks to Sponsors:
              Motorcycle Panel & Paint
              Q-Zar Fremantle
              Rated-R Parts
              PerthStreetBikes.com and it's generous members
              Carlisle Printing - Deals for PSB members
              CIC - Competition & Industrial Coatings
              Carpet Liquidators - Midland

Comment

I have a Dremel you can borrow dude.

After 8ish pm tomorrow or Fri. I'm in Northbridge.

EDIT: There are a whole lotta cheap aftermarket cutting discs, and maybe one or two original ones left.

Comment

dremels aren't so great for cutting plastics, as even on low speed the heat tends to melt the edges back together. I would suggest a jigsaw, hacksaw or file. Maybe even a nice sharp knife...
                  "No machine has a soul until a man shares his own with it."

Comment

Where bouts are you mate? Ive got a dremel with a flexi shaft you can borrow, but you would need to pick up a pack of cutting disks cause i just ran out

Comment

Xacto blade FTW, much better to work with a sharp blade than a dremel for this kind of thing. some fine grit sand paper should sort the job out too

Comment

dremel will take too long, sounds like a job more suited to an angle grinder

angle grinder ftw!
                        Originally posted by Bendito
                        If we get to a stop and we are missing a dozen bikes and you are last, it was your fault. Don't be that guy. No one likes that guy.

Comment

Bunnings..... $40 cheapy but still going strong for me. Came with some attachments as well.
                          10.81 BLADE

I'm a flirtalicious

Comment

Originally posted by g0zer View Post
                            dremel will take too long, sounds like a job more suited to an angle grinder

angle grinder ftw!
                            haha, that'll show that bastard duck tail....and my missing fingers ^_^

Comment

you can get a 'dremel' style took (ozito?) with like a billion attachments for 25 bucks cracka.

Comment

Working...
                              X