Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Test ride day today!

Hey all

Just wanted to update everyone. You may have seen previously I but a post up about my upgrading of bikes. There where 3, I was looking at mainly and possibly a Ducati or Triumph. Thanks for you thoughts on that post.

Now I have actually been out on them I got a real feel for handling, comfort, power etc.

Sorry if i dribble shit a bit! Don't mean to offend any proud owners of these awesome bikes either.

07 Yamaha R6
    Looks hot, like the red / pearly white paint, high riding position and it did tend to 'ache' on my wrists, good power curve through all gears, braking good and gear changes ok, exhaust looks average (even with aftermarket)

07 CBR RR 600
    Looks real nice, limited edition colours are great, really comfortable bum to wrist position (no aching) and good for legs up against the fairing and tank when riding, awesome brakes (stop on a dime), power curve is unreal - no matter what gear if you open the throttle it goes, gear changes good, like exhaust tucked away up under seat.

07 GSXR 750
    Looks great, like blue / white colour, comfortable riding position (little bit of aching), good brakes and power curve is really good (i know its a 750), gear changes are good, exhaust is better than r6

Phew! Now after saying all that I rekcon the CBR is winning my vote at the moment. Just feels awesome to ride.

2 questions though before I make a decision?

Daytona 675 - is there dealer NOR, thoughts or comments on them???

Ducati 749 - rarer than hens teeth i know, Jules_1972 may have a mate selling one and theres plenty on the east coast (as I have found on bikesales.com). Does anyone know of one that available anywhere to test ride? There was a yellow 749s at causeway dealer but that sold 3 wks ago. If I really like after riding i'm seriously considering flying east to get one. 2 749s with less than 4,000 lms on the clock on bikesales.com. Spoke to owners and are still available, with som good mods too.

Mmmmmm........decisions, decisions
    `Ride on Cam - No. 52` :aus-salute:

For Triumph go and see Lloyd Chapmans in North Perth/Mt Lawley, where ever they are.
    For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
    For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

buy the CBR, from the sounds of things you seem pretty damn happy with it and from what I've heard from ppl that've ridden them they're awesome. Just ask Desmo
      Originally posted by kyliejane
      benjamin is nobodys friend. if benjamin were an ice cream flavor, he'd be pralines and dick.
      Originally posted by harns
      Good riders don't need insurance though, they can evade any situation

BUY_MY_BIKE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by barfridge View Post
        For Triumph go and see Lloyd Chapmans in North Perth/Mt Lawley, where ever they are.
        Didnt think they had a 675 demo bike tho or maybe they do

if u want to call them and check first - 9328 3400 (i think) haha

and yes the hondas are nice, but i may be bias :p

Comment

the Triumph mob near the graham Farmer entrance have a demo 675 I think and a speed triple :awesome:

Comment

Well, i've got the cbr and there's not much i'd change, but if I had any whinges...

- throttle is fairly stiff. I've noticed there's two throttle cables coming off it (not sure if this is standard fare for a 600 or not), but it can cause your right wrist/hand to ache when doing distance. have heard (via mag reviews) that the throttle is stiffer than others too... i know, cup of cement, etc.... but yeah... my right wrist is my endurance limiting factor at the moment...

- the undertail looks nice and all, but there's *zero storage*. I can barely fit a roadside puncture kit, the stock toolkit, and that's it.

- the rear fender is ugly as fuck. WHY honda, why?? The 06 tail light/fender setup was a million times better. you can cut bits and fit an 06 model light, but it's kinda hard to see - there's not really a good fender eliminator solution out there yet. all they tend to do is replace the big ugly hunk of shit with another big ugly hunk of shit... :|

other than that, no complaints (3100km so far) those are just a few things you might not pick up from a brief ride or looking in the shop tho.
            “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

If Lloyd Chapman don't have one, I was just at JCS Motorcycles on the weekend, they've got a red 08 675 demo sitting there, also have a black one sitting in the showroom. Had good dealings with both Lloyd and JCS, you'd be happy at both

JCS is just next to Burswood (ok not North but its not really THAT south either, just a little bit further up Graham Farmer), I don't think there are any other Trumpy dealers?

Thoughts/Comments: Test ride it before you make your final decision, it's a good contender for the bikes above

Comment

Yeah, if you like the 600RR, go ride the 675 as well, not ridden one myself, but comparable from what I have heard.
                Would LOVE a 675 to compare.

Comment

Rode a 675 the other week was a short ride. All I can say is WOW very suprised.

MM

Comment

Originally posted by thro View Post
                    Well, i've got the cbr and there's not much i'd change, but if I had any whinges...

- throttle is fairly stiff. I've noticed there's two throttle cables coming off it (not sure if this is standard fare for a 600 or not), but it can cause your right wrist/hand to ache when doing distance. have heard (via mag reviews) that the throttle is stiffer than others too... i know, cup of cement, etc.... but yeah... my right wrist is my endurance limiting factor at the moment...

- the undertail looks nice and all, but there's *zero storage*. I can barely fit a roadside puncture kit, the stock toolkit, and that's it.

- the rear fender is ugly as fuck. WHY honda, why?? The 06 tail light/fender setup was a million times better. you can cut bits and fit an 06 model light, but it's kinda hard to see - there's not really a good fender eliminator solution out there yet. all they tend to do is replace the big ugly hunk of shit with another big ugly hunk of shit... :|

other than that, no complaints (3100km so far) those are just a few things you might not pick up from a brief ride or looking in the shop tho.

Hey thro about the fender set up at the back I was talkinh to Marc at West Coast Honda (joondalup) about that. He showed me the new Jardine twin outlet exhaust package. The original parts are removed just leaving exhaust, indicators and number plate. It's got a carbon fibre finish and it looks fukin hot! It really does. makes the whole back end look much sharper.

He also recommended a power commander to suit as well. Said it might run a tad lumpy on idle, low speed if you change the exhaust/muffler set up and a pwr cmdr wouldn't hurt.

Jardine system fitted for about $800 near enough
                    Power commander i'm not sure (thought i wrote it down)

Says the standard headers are pretty much race spec on them standard so the jardine system is just the leader pipe and muffler / exhuast bit under pillion seat. If you see it you won't be dissapointed mate.

Storage (i've got a backpack) and throttle thing I didn't notice, demo ride was only bout 20 km's.

West Coast Honda - Marc - 9300 0094

Comment

Just rung JCS Motorcycles.

They do have a demo 675 Daytona, off for a test ride tomorrow!

BOOOOOOYYYYYYAAAAAAA!

Comment

Hmmm cheers I've been looking at cans trying to decide what to get, sounds like jardine it is.

What do they do for a brake light? I've seen a lot of people in the states removing teh whole fender shit, sticking the plate up in front of the wheel and cutting out space for the 06 model light to go in the undertail - with integrated blinkers. Looks awesome, but i just don't think that the brake light would be visible enough, as the 07 exhaust sits a bit higher than the 06... :|

edit:
                        like so:

Last edited by thro; 11-10-2007, 06:16 PM.
                        “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

check this link

Honda CBR 600 RR 2007

click on the pic (shows rear end of 600 on track)

From what I understood

Jardine twin exhaust outlet
                          Brake light and indicators
                          A nicer looking number plate holder, doesn't come down as far i think

Give marc a call, he can explain it better, Don't want to tell u the wrong thing. Either way the jardine twin outlet looks hot.

^_^

Comment

Originally posted by thro View Post
                            Hmmm cheers I've been looking at cans trying to decide what to get, sounds like jardine it is.

What do they do for a brake light? I've seen a lot of people in the states removing teh whole fender shit, sticking the plate up in front of the wheel and cutting out space for the 06 model light to go in the undertail - with integrated blinkers. Looks awesome, but i just don't think that the brake light would be visible enough, as the 07 exhaust sits a bit higher than the 06... :|

edit:
                            like so:

woah, that does look hot! Now i've seen that pic i don't think it goes that far. Call marc and ask him. You got me wondering now too.

i think the original brake and indicators stay.

Comment

Ahh cheers. If they do then yeah, it will have stuff hanging down at the rear (by that, i mean brake light, indicators), which i don't want

However, when looking for that pic, i have just discovered that the exhaust can be shortened, which makes the light more visible

That's the look i'm after, i should just pill my finger out and buy the bits, lol...

Comment

Working...
                              X