Slim Line Number Plates............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slim Line Number Plates............

Just wondering if anyone is interested in turning their original number plates into a slim line number plate. As far as I know this is not illegal as the plate is still using the reflective colours and we have had plenty of cops sit right behind us and have said nothing.

msg me if you want more info....................

cheers [/img]
    ELITE MOTORCYCLE AND DRIVER TRAINING
    FOR BOOKINGS CALL 0402 127 909 OR WWW.ELITEMCT.COM.AU

Im afraid that if you use a numberplate not issued by Licensing, it is illegal.

However, if you are getting away with it, good luck to ya!
    If you can... you MUST!

Comment

End of the day if they do notice the plate then I will stick the old one back on...

No harm done.
      ELITE MOTORCYCLE AND DRIVER TRAINING
      FOR BOOKINGS CALL 0402 127 909 OR WWW.ELITEMCT.COM.AU

Comment

you'll probably cop a fine for not displaying propper plates tho...
        Loud Pipes Save Lives

Comment

Yeah unless it's issued by the DPI you will get a fine and probably get the plate confiscated.

Hell they'll probably declare you a hoon and sieze your bike.

Comment

The old girl removed her front numberplate off her mx-5 and replaced it with a stick on numberplate on the nose, which sat at around a 50-60 degree tilt.

She copped a number of multanova fines, as well as being pulled over for speeding, and only one cop asked her about it, and said it was usually a fine for having that, but he never gave her one, nor did anyone else ever query it.

I think it depends how you do it, if the cops can see that its still easily visible, unless you are doing something stupid to piss them off they will give you the benefit of the doubt.

In the end, they will take you to the cleaners if they catch you on the back wheel next to their passenger window, whether you have the illegal plate or not
            Nitrous is like a hot girl with STD's, you know you wanna hit it, but you are afraid of the consequences!

Comment

End of the day if they do notice the plate then I will stick the old one back on...  

No harm done.
              Spose so, if you consider a $50 fine 'no harm done'. Guy in freo got done for that weekend just gone.
              If only the young knew; If only the old could

Comment

Can you trim your number plate down ie bend the plate around the edges to take the 2cm boarder off? Just so it takes less space and looks better with a fender eliminator.... Klinky???? Melkor?????

cheers,
                1, Always look good
                2, Always know what you're doing
                3, In failure of step 2 refer to step one

Comment

Can you trim your number plate down ie bend the plate around the edges to take the 2cm boarder off? Just so it takes less space and looks better with a fender eliminator.... Klinky???? Melkor?????

cheers,
                  Short answer: No

I currently have my top two corners "clipped" and it would be considered "altered".

You are not allowed to alter the plates that are issued to you whatsoever.
                  If you can... you MUST!

Comment

arent' you able to order "slimline" plates through the licensing center?.....cost's an arm and a leg im sure though

Comment

one of the boys made one up on his R1 and got threatened with $800 fine??????
                      YAMAHA AUSTRALIA - FUCKING CLOWNS

Comment

Aluminium Custom Plates $275.00
                        Polycarbonate Custom Plates $375.00
                        Name Plates $660.70

Slim Line Series $110.00 - $160.00

Same price applicable to cars and motorcycles, plus $18.00 for change of plate fee
                        Loud Pipes Save Lives

Comment

Aluminium Custom Plates        $275.00
                          Polycarbonate Custom Plates   $375.00
                          Name Plates                           $660.70

Slim Line Series                      $110.00 - $160.00

Same price applicable to cars and motorcycles, plus $18.00 for change of plate fee
                          damm........thanks for the info. Name plates $660!!! they certainly know how to make money.

Id consider the slim line series for sure when and "IF" I get my fender elimantor

cheers

Comment

stuff naming ur plates just makes it easier for cops and onlookers to get and remember ya plates

Comment

stuff naming ur plates  just makes it easier for cops and onlookers to get and remember ya plates
                              Not that you would be doing anything wrong to warrant them taking down your plate # :twisted:
                              1, Always look good
                              2, Always know what you're doing
                              3, In failure of step 2 refer to step one

Comment

Working...
                              X