Female Riders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Female Riders

Hello all i was wondering if the female riders have some advice on which bike to get for my wife? she likes cuisers, but will probably ride anything given the chance lol. Anyway she is only 5'2 she has ridden a hyosung 250 crusier and just barely touched the ground so i was after something with a low seat height and fairly light in a 250 class the afterwards open class bikes.. Any Suggestions? also somewhere to buy stylish bike wear for her.
    Attached Files
    Every day you wake up is a good day

Originally posted by Tjsurfa View Post
    but will probably ride anything given the chance lol.
    Wife you say?
    Damn

Not sure about a good choice of bike, but Jono at Lloyd Chapman's should be able to sort out some gear for you.

Comment

viragos are good, was my first bike. lovely and i think its low. i think bendito has one for sale too if ur interested in checking one out
      Last edited by cowgirl; 13-10-2007, 02:30 PM.
      Hello, you've reached the psychiatric hotline. If you are obsessive/compulsive, press 1 repeatedly. If you have multiple personalities, press 2, 3, 4, and 5. If you are simply paranoid, just stay on the line - we know who you are.

Comment

All bikes can be lowered (i believe) with dog bones or shaving the seat.
        "Some people are like clouds. When they disappear it's a beautiful day"

Comment

hyabusa! they have low seats and are very cruiser-ish

Comment

Icon do some really nice gear for women.

Comment

From a seat hight perspective it is possibly better to stay with a cruiser.
              Are we talking 250's?
              Have a look at the Kawasaki Eliminator, it's a nice looking unit.
              Love the legend, Kawasaki Z 900/ Z 1000, the Mother of all Big Kawas!
              sigpic
              2007 ZRX 1200R
              1977 Z 1000 A1
              http://www.bikepics.com/members/cruelcheffy/

Comment

For a cruiser... VStar. For a smaller sports bike look at something like a CBR125? I'm not sure how tall they are but they can't be too bad.

A friend of mine who is of shorter stature did her time on a GPX.

As for gear - most of the shops are starting to stock women's gear. Fivestar have a good range but it's a bit of a hike from Hocking! (Used to be just under 70kms for me from Carramar, so probably somewhere between 50-60 for you! But I do so love Fivestar! )

Generally I think your best bet is to try on some of the girls' jackets and see what works. With a better idea of her size I could make recommendations... ie short body, wide shoulders etc which will make a huge difference to which brands I'd steer her towards. Icon do make some nice gear... It's also differently sized from model to model and fairly small fitting. Berik tends to be small fitting as well. Shift is better but allows very little chest room. Alpinestars can vary. Teknic is larger fitting and allows for bigger shoulders/chest. For someone with a longish body I'd say forget the womens gear as it tends to be quite short and go for the mens. I'd be able to give better advice if I'd met her!
                "Look wise guy, I know I'm a racer, I can feel it in my code."

Comment

Short in the leg measurement?

My wife...(5' 1/2") sat on the Virago 250 when i had one....fitted like a glove. Good feet positioning, nice arm length...and a lovely bike to have a lot of fun on. Quite nimble for it's size, but very forgiving. Oh...and the missus believed she did not have the confidence to start lessons....so, Virago sold..

I have no commercial interest in the following:
                  PM Bendito...his father has a Virago 250 for sale. I kid you not...can't go wrong.
                  Originally posted by Viper
                  I'm probably fucking something up.
                  FOREVER RIDING WITH "DAVO" - FarRider #1

http://forum.fjr13.org/index.php
                  Administrator

Comment

small bikes

What about the monster

mine is the 620 I had it lowered to 655 seat high by the dealer when I got her last November, I too am challenged without my heels on, so its a good opion for when she gets her bigger bike

Comment

Oh yeah...forgot about you.....

How is da Monster? Last time I saw you riding that...you two were made for each other. Tjsurfa....pencil the Monster as a "possible" when your Organic Speed Limiter get's the 'big" license.
                      Originally posted by Viper
                      I'm probably fucking something up.
                      FOREVER RIDING WITH "DAVO" - FarRider #1

http://forum.fjr13.org/index.php
                      Administrator

Comment

Im biased but dont overlook the Pagsta 250 cruiser, good price for a new bike, havent had a problem with mine, small and light, goes fine on the freeway,
                        National pride should not be a crime!.

Comment

my missus is 5.2 and she has a VTR 250. Its not quite a cruiser and not a full sports. She can at least keep up when she tries. Motorcycle accessories in vic park have a pretty good range in female gear.
                          If you are not growing you must be dead

Formally known as Markvk

Comment

Oh yeah my bad.

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...o-250-a-39760/

This is my dad's bike, he's in Hocking too.

PM Sent.

Comment

thanks for all the info peeps, i have shown her a virago online and she liked the look, yeah needs to be a 250, to fj steve my wife was the same mate hadnt be near a bike until she met me, i bought her a 50cc aprillia scooter which she loved first time was scary for her then away she went. so i took her to a car park and borrowed a mates hyosung crusier 250 we have bluetooth helmets so i just sat in the middle and talked her through turning, braking etc next day we went to bindoon for a ride lol couldnt get the smile off her face lol.
                              Thanks for all the bike shops for clothing to people very helpful.
                              cant wait to met some of you and go for a cruise
                              Surfa
                              Every day you wake up is a good day

Comment

Working...
                              X