licensing department :@ :@ :@

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• licensing department :@ :@ :@

about 1 year ago i got my R-E permits and i booked the test straight away because the lady said it would be a long waiting list, i was going to get straight into it but i didnt and i laid it off.

About a week before my test date i realised i have to cancel it so i called the licensing department and left multiple messages, but i could never get though. Now that i've been having lessons and want to book a test they say i can't because i never showed up for the test... i explained i left about 5 messages and didnt get any response and now they want $71 !!! i know it isnt alot of money but still its alot of money for nothing.

Left messages?

Can't say I've ever had that option...

Comment

What I gathered from taking someone there the other day is the learners permit is only valid for a year and then you have to renew it. That's what the $71 is for.

You must have been over the year, and it probably has nothing to do with the last test being missed.

I find they seem to say the strangest things, mostly untrue, to throw you off the scent of how to really get things done.

Comment

mmm no they don't charge you for renewing your L's. I renewed mine twice because I took so long to actually get out there and learn to drive. I was 17 when I got my L's and 19 when I passed my test (for C class), a good 2 years and 6 months later! Didn't cost me anything extra except time.

The $71 would be to pay for the test. They figure seeing even tho Frazcat didn't show up for the last test, they didn't cancel it either, so they have to pay for it. So you're paying for the time that was set aside, rather than an actual test. So if you want a second test you have to pay again...

I'm also puzzled tho... how do you call up and leave messages for the DPI???

Comment

Sorry Beth, and thanks for clearing it up. I have a lot of trouble following what is truth and what is fiction, it's like chinese whispers, and since I don't have much to do with dpi, I choose to stay away, for the sake of sanity.

Comment

Originally posted by Beth View Post
            mmm no they don't charge you for renewing your L's.

yes they do
            but its 71.80 for a resit, and 68.30 for a learners permit
            If cleanliness is next to godliness, why was jesus a dirty sandal-wearing beardo?

Comment

DPI hasn't had an option to 'leave messages' ever.

You call 131 156 during business hours and wait an hour for someone to take your call.

Comment

Perhaps if you let your L's expire and then go down there and say you want them back they charge you again. But if you go down before they expire you don't have to pay. Trust me. I did it twice.

Unless they've changed how they do it these days? But this was only 2 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by frazcat View Post
                  About a week before my test date i realised i have to cancel it so i called the licensing department and left multiple messages, but i could never get though.
                  Couldn't get thru but left messages? ... Do you mean there is a leave a message option while your on hold?

Originally posted by frazcat View Post
                  Now that i've been having lessons and want to book a test they say i can't because i never showed up for the test... i explained i left about 5 messages and didnt get any response and now they want $71 !!! i know it isnt alot of money but still its alot of money for nothing.
                  If you check you permit in the "bright yellow with red txt section" and your confirmation of test letter under "important information" both state if you dont cancel or change you test time/date within 48hrs of the test you will have to pay for another appointment (same as if you show up and fail your test)

Your learners permit is only valid for 12mths

They also have had dress standards for the test in for about 12mths now .. min = long sleeve shirt, long pants/jeans, closed shoes/boots and a AS stickered helmet... If your missing any of them it counts as a no show.

Comment

Working...
                  X