Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meet my new Bike!

Hey all

As you know I've been busy hunting for a new bike over the last few weeks. From Yammies to Ducatis I pretty much looked, researched and test rode everything I could.

Unfortunately I was unable to get on a ducati after lots of ringing around. There where two that really jumped out on the east coast but when you started talking airfares, accomodation, hire car, bike transport to WA it all adds up fairly bloody quickly.

Anyways yesterday (Fri 12th) popped down to JCS in burswood and test rode the Daytona 675. Bill and Nathan where very helpful and let me go off for a few laps on my own which was great! Lets just say I was blown away by this bike! Power, feel, control, looks and features where just what I was looking for. Today (sat 13th) i signed myself up for a new one.

(please see pics below)

I also researched a fair bit for mods (without going too crazy - yet!) and lets just say I can't wait to get it on the road!

Zee mods at it stands:

Carbon Fibre Tank Pad
    Carbon Fibre Rear Hugger
    Carbon Fibre Heelguard kit
    Carbon Firbe Upper/Lower Chain Guard
    Carbon Fibre Cockpit Infill
    Jardine RT-One Exhaust with Fender Eliminator
    Pazzo Gold Clutch and Brake Levers with Black Adjusters
    Seat Cowl
    Clear LED Tail Light upgrade

I'm friggin stoked, it's a realization of a dream of mine for a few years now!

Now the only thing left to ask is for a tiny bit of help. I won't be picking the bike up for bout 2 weeks yet so I have some time. I have ordered all my parts seperate to the bike and want to fit them all myself. Everything is pretty much straight forward except the pazzo levers and exhaust.

If all goes well it should be ready in time for northam (maybe??) and ifnot definately trackday in november! BOOOOYYYYAAA

Now out there in the ever talented world of PSB can I get a raise of hands who could help me out with my project? i'm mobile so i can come to your workshop, house whatever. I will supply beer, bourbon nibbles etc on the day and of course we just have to go for a cruise after!

It would be greatly appreciated!!

Cheers!

* Oh and of course I need some PSB Stickers, is the shop open to buy them again yet?????
    Attached Files
    `Ride on Cam - No. 52` :aus-salute:

Very very nice.
    Jardine pipes sound awesome too.

Comment

Congrats, i'm sure you'll love it. I really love the triple exhaust note too, must sound awesome with a pipe.
      “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Only Triumph who's looks float my boat. It look's so hot and I'm so jealous, which is what you want everyone to be, jealous.

Comment

Can I have a go?

Comment

Nice...enjoy the ride...

Comment

i got myself a 07 graphite 675 and i got pazzo and also Titaniam jardine pipe, aswell as a few other odds n ends of course but long story short, levers took me 20 mins and was extremely straight forward (ive never changed levers before) and with the jardine u should get instructions.

again i hadn't ever taken off and put on a underseat exhaust before but i found it was pretty simple, took me a couple of hours but it comes out a treat

jardine turned out like

just needed to add a small 3 led light for the number plate
              and pazzos were like

i would love to help but since i now live over in cairns till some time next year its kinda hard

pm me if u need any pointers
              ill tell u whats not funny, killing strippers, strippers are people too, naked people who may be willing to pleasure you for a price you can negotiate later behind a curtin in the VIP room. besides there is no need to kill them, cos most are already dead inside... -Peter Griffin-

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Simmo View Post
                i got myself a 07 graphite 675 and i got pazzo and also Titaniam jardine pipe, aswell as a few other odds n ends of course but long story short, levers took me 20 mins and was extremely straight forward (ive never changed levers before) and with the jardine u should get instructions.

again i hadn't ever taken off and put on a underseat exhaust before but i found it was pretty simple, took me a couple of hours but it comes out a treat

jardine turned out like

just needed to add a small 3 led light for the number plate
                and pazzos were like

i would love to help but since i now live over in cairns till some time next year its kinda hard

pm me if u need any pointers

hey awesome thanks simmo i'll keep that in mind if i need help. yeah i'm pretty confident with everything else but thoise two. Done mechanics on tractors, fairway mowers and power equipment for years. bit on cars too but as you said never done exhaust or levers before. Other mods are peice of cake.

I know on the jardine website it has instructions. Quite detailed actually. Guys said that after I put on the exhaust they have to remap the ecu (take 5 mins) and it's all good. Just to account for different fuel flow, mixture etc.

Thanks mate again, you enjoy yours????? Silly question hey

Comment

Karl...that is the ducks nuts. And it's yellow.

Mate....you bringing that to my place tomorrow? Bloody nice.
                  Originally posted by Viper
                  I'm probably fucking something up.
                  FOREVER RIDING WITH "DAVO" - FarRider #1

http://forum.fjr13.org/index.php
                  Administrator

Comment

Originally posted by Desmogod View Post
                    Can I have a go?

You never riden one before desmo???

Comment

Originally posted by FJ Steve View Post
                      Karl...that is the ducks nuts. And it's yellow.

Mate....you bringing that to my place tomorrow? Bloody nice.
                      No unfortunately mate, won't be ready for 2 weeks or so

But we can still pop wheelies on yours right???

Comment

Originally posted by Karlos View Post
                        No unfortunately mate, won't be ready for 2 weeks or so

But we can still pop wheelies on yours right???
                        You show me da money...you can do what you like

So...does this mean the quote will be going up by 25% to cover "overheads"?
                        Originally posted by Viper
                        I'm probably fucking something up.
                        FOREVER RIDING WITH "DAVO" - FarRider #1

http://forum.fjr13.org/index.php
                        Administrator

Comment

Originally posted by FJ Steve View Post
                          You show me da money...you can do what you like

So...does this mean the quote will be going up by 25% to cover "overheads"?
                          *cough* are sorry steve, theres been a sudden *cough* severe increase in the price of plants *cough*

Comment

Originally posted by Karlos View Post
                            You never riden one before desmo???
                            Nope, would love to try one out, then I can compare the CBR600, R6, and 675.

Comment

Very sweet lookin toy! Make sure you post up pics when the extras have been bolted on. Enjoy!

Comment

Working...
                              X