Motorcycle Covers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motorcycle Covers

COVERS! (Motorcycle Covers) We have all heard of them. Whether we all use them is another question. If you do, is there a preference in brand, material etc...

I'm getting a new bike soon myself and suddenly thought 'a bike cover, that could be handy!' considering i can't store mine in a garage etc... The living room would be nice, but i don't think the wife be happy about that.

Who uses a motorcycle cover to cover their loved motorcycle at night. If you do, what brand(s) are out there and do people have preferences on the material? I tried to search the forum before posting this, but couldn't find anything.

I had a look down at some of the shops the other day. The main cover most motorcycle stores seem to sell to be a blue coloured one. It has little metal eye bits (to put cable locks through the cover etc...) I'm just concerned using one of these covers over a period of time with the metal in it that it may eventually scratch the paint work :o etc... while trying to put it on or take it off. Thoughts, views, suggestions, websites, brands would be great!

Hey zero.

I think triumph make a genuine cover for the daytona's. Not sure of the price though?

For my 250 Hyo i had a moto teknika cover which i got from repco. Fully lined inside, weatherproof with a middle strap so it doesn't blow off. Cost me about $75. Comes in small, med and large depending on the size of your bike.

Supa cheap also have some but i didn't really like them that much.

hope that helps
    `Ride on Cam - No. 52` :aus-salute:

Comment

I've been using the Supa-Cheap ones for about 2 years on current & previous bikes. I have no problem with them at all. They have a strap underneath to prevent it blowing away in the wind, and only cost $40. And I use it every day/night..due to lack of shelter at home my bike's outdoors full-time.

Comment

Originally posted by Machast View Post
        I've been using the Supa-Cheap ones for about 2 years on current & previous bikes. I have no problem with them at all. They have a strap underneath to prevent it blowing away in the wind, and only cost $40. And I use it every day/night..due to lack of shelter at home my bike's outdoors full-time.
        Same here, usually only have the old Z under cover as she's not ridden that often, the ZRX is only covered when I go away.
        Love the legend, Kawasaki Z 900/ Z 1000, the Mother of all Big Kawas!
        sigpic
        2007 ZRX 1200R
        1977 Z 1000 A1
        http://www.bikepics.com/members/cruelcheffy/

Comment

That makes 3 of us for the Super Cheap ones. Don't use them all the time (we are bone idle and can't be assed putting them on every night) but when we have to cram 2 cars and 2 bikes into a single car garage, leaving the bikes to get wet and whatnot, OH and not to mention having 2 crazy ass cats that enjoy sitting/tearing at the bike seats, these covers have been a dream!
          In the cherry blossom's shade
          There's no such thing
          as a stranger.

Comment

I recently got a Autotechnica "Ride On" cover from Repco $99

It has reinforced wheel pads. you lay the cover on the ground, ride onto the wheel pads and zip the cover up and over.

Haven't used it yet, so will post opinion once I have. the concept suited me as I wasn't having to bother about how to anchor the cover
            Unlikely adventures require unlikely tools.

Comment

Found these links on the web which will give alot on various covers. Noted, not many of these are in Australia, but can still purchase them:
              A Guide to Motorcycle Covers - Accessories & Gear - Motorcycle Cruiser Magazine
              Motorcycle Covers
              Deluxe Motorcycle Covers - Covers as low as $33.99

Comment

I bought a cover from supercheap when I bought my bike over 2 years ago and still have not used it. :smile3:
                It just sits there gathering more dust than the bike.

Comment

I use only R-Jays covers for my bikes, the ones made out of a heavy plastic/vinyl with a felt liner inside. Seams are double stitched and taped and the covers are waterproof UV resistant etc. They are usually $60-$70 from bike shops. Quite heavy and not inclined to blow off like others.

When parked at work, I use an el-cheapo Big W type nylon cover to keep the worst of inclement weather off, its only for a few hours when at work anyway.

Comment

another vote for the Super Cheap ones. Use it everyday.

Comment

Originally posted by Scoundrel View Post
                      I use only R-Jays covers for my bikes, the ones made out of a heavy plastic/vinyl with a felt liner inside. Seams are double stitched and taped and the covers are waterproof UV resistant etc. They are usually $60-$70 from bike shops. Quite heavy and not inclined to blow off like others.

+1 for the R-Jays cover. The liner is fantastic. Also has straps with clips to secure it to the bike if you are worried about it blowing away. Also holes in the front for putting a chain through the front wheel.
                      In complete darkness we are all the same. It is only our knowledge and wisdom that seperate us. Dont let your eyes deceive you.
                      Its the little things that make the difference
                      Originally posted by IPIT on relationships
                      If either/both of you can take a dump with the other person being next to you within a week of meeting them then you're in with a VERY good chance.

Comment

i was using a supercheap one but it blew away in the storm we had a couple of months ago. next one i think i would prefer a heavier material
                        im a holding, stroking, loving machine...also spanking

Comment

Yup, Super cheap does fine for my little bike. Not lined but it hasnt scratched anything yet.
                          Turfierific!

Comment

Originally posted by Dyno View Post
                            i was using a supercheap one but it blew away in the storm we had a couple of months ago. next one i think i would prefer a heavier material
                            Not sure if SuperCheap have different models of covers, but mine has a strap underneath the bike which hooks onto itself so cover cant blow off.

Comment

Autotechnica felt lined, heavy duty, great $60 at repco

Comment

Working...
                              X