Freeway Morons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freeway Morons

Ive been riding bikes since i was 16, but till about a month ago - only recently started riding full time (if that makes any sense).

I guess you start to pick up and predict alot more of the cagers bad habits as time progresses, but i was just wondering if anyone had any tips on what to do with moronic (nearly went racial here) drivers on the freeway.

today commuting from hodges drive into the city at 11a.m i had 3 people indicate and merge into my lane as if i didnt even fucking exist. And since its the freeway, its a big harder to tell the tosser to pull over so you can put the kevlar glove through his jawbone.

Where the crap is the best place to sit on the freeway?!!

sorry about the winge people.

Re: Freeway Morons

On one wheel five feet infront of a coppa. Alledgedly.

Comment

I dont think there is one. Sit too far to either side and they will just try to drive past you.

I love the point where you beep at them and then its your fault for being there. I get the same thing on the wanneroo rd when heading home after work. Thank god for traffic lights, makes it so easy to get away from the person that just tried to kill you :shock: :evil:

Now where was that thread about how to remove side mirrors?? :twisted:

Comment

dude......no matter where you sit on the freeway you will be able to have a dickhead either side of you, even in front and behind you as it may be. Best advice is no matter where you sit or ride have your witts about you. Don't sit in their blind spots as your an even bigger sitting duck.

Cages simply don't look when changing lanes or whatever they do. If your going to lane split best place is between the 2 furthest right hand lanes. That way it helps to keep away from the merging traffic coming from the left.

cheers

Comment

haha cheers people.

Thank god for traffic lights, makes it so easy to get away from the person that just tried to kill you  
          Actually i find them useful for putting the bike on the sidestand, walking over to the car and pretending i didnt see them when i "accidentally" put my fist through the window.
          Then Getting back on the bike and hooting at them for being in the way of my glove.

Comment

heh, commuting to joondalup 4 days a week from mt. henry bridge i get to see my fair share of moron drivers haha

Like you mentioned you get used to it and learn to think ahead, i just treat every car as if they are going to pull out on me, hence i dont stay next to a car whenever possible, unless im just in front of their window.

I just sit in the right lane mostly, if you are weaving in and out of lanes constantly then your going to increase your chances of 'not being seen'.

I do like your idea re:fist thru window scenario

Comment

i had 3 people indicate and merge into my lane as if i didnt even fucking exist.  
              you got lucky dude, atleast they indicated to give you a bit of warning.

The best spot to be is at the front

when on the freeway in traffic, i try never to be level with a car at all. Hang back till there space behind the car infront that will make you visible then gun it past them so your minimising the time spent level with them, or in a blind spot.

Rekon they should let us use the bus lane, that would be cool.

In The US arnt the far left lanes revserved for bikes and car pool cars or sumin. Called a HOV lane or something like that http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/hov/using.htm

(\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(")

Comment

keep alert and keep moving. stay a gear down as well gives you that bit extra noise and power to fuck off real quick with a mirror.

TRX
                In Sydney bikes can use bus lanes and transit lanes (T3 &T2). And it is recommended and encourraged for safty reasons. I was busted in the bus lane here and tried to appeal to the cop to let me off as i was ignorant to WA road rulz. Well when i told him it was allowed in Sydney he called me a liar. I disputed him and copped 3points $150. The big waxed up half naked sweed that tried to argue for me didnt help either.

Comment

In front of them.

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

Comment

Grasshopper,
                    You have to have the road presence of a Mack Truck with the courage of a rabbit. (try and make yourself as visable as possible but if confronted run away!)
                    I am the old bloke on the black and yellow cbr1krr

Comment

I know a few people that ride and had some really bad close calls with idiot cages one of em got off his bike at the traffic lights took off his helmet and proceeded to bash in the cages bonnet with his helmet :twisted: another trick of someone i know was to have a few sparkplugs in ur pocket and toss them over ur head while infront of the said cage and it would trash his/her radiator or windscreen this is ofcourse if the really diserve it :twisted: :twisted:

Comment

If some guy... started beating my car with his helmet... he'd wanna be fucking mike tyson else he wont ever been seen on the face of this earth again.

Comment

pffft way i see it u need to get the msg across to some of these cagers that daydream thier way to work down the freeway and any means is good means in my book specially since ill be on a bike very soon dodgeing these fools myself

Comment

Actually to defend cages... i see some fucked up soccer mums cut off both bikes and cars all the time.. but i also seen bikes come out of no where when im trying to merge, so both partys are guilty and no ones perfect, I look out for bikes alot! mainly because i wish i was riding them.

So dont paint everyone with the same brush.

Comment

eh im a drive a cage to and try and do it with very good alertness of what is around me. thier was no paint brushing in my msg just some intresting suggestions muahahahaha

Comment

Working...
                              X