Come in Splitter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Come in Splitter

Gday all, well this week I am on a course in Perth City so I thought what a perfect excuse to ride the old Fizza. What a great decision, nice ride every day and 25-30 minutes in peak hour traffic with no parking probs at the other end!! I have been lane splitting where possible which has saved me huge amounts of time (and pissing endless amounts of cagers off!!:p) but I came across a dilema today. I was happily splitting away down Orrong Rd when I noticed up ahead mr Plod on a bike in amongst the traffic!! I was tossing up whether to split past him or not. In the end I didn't and just waited for him to turn off. Do yas reckon he would have pulled me over if I had split past him? If they are in a car I wouldn't have worried but on the bike he could easily catch up to me again. What does everyone else do in this situation? Split or not to Split? That is the question????
    Shano
    sigpic

I've heard of mixed reactions by cops. Some get pissed. Others couldn't care less. Depends if its THAT time of the month i suppose...

Comment

Nah...I wouldn't split a cop bike...

Do alot of things, but that ain't one of 'em...

Comment

i split next to a cop who was already at the front of the lane and took off quicker than him, but made sure i wasnt speeding. Not a care. i always split next to cop cars so other dumbass cagers can see its not illegal to split. never had a problem
        I love riding, especially yamamas

Comment

I just keep filtering past & usually give a friendly wave.
          Maybe shave off a bit of speed but never had any dramas.
          -JC-

Comment

Hmmm might give it a try next time I come across it. See how game I am feeling at the time.
            Shano
            sigpic

Comment

ive split past cops, no problems.

Comment

I'll split past cars, but not bikes. Never know...
                "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

So long as you don't cross that solid white line go for it.
                  DISCLAIMER: I is an idiot

"Physics is: - like sex. Sure, it may give some practical results, but that's not why we do it.
                  - to maths what sex is to masturbation"
                  -Richard Feynman

Comment

Hmmm i have plenty of points to spend in the DPI gift-shop, next cop bike i see i should split past and see what happens...
                    “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Originally posted by thro View Post
                      Hmmm i have plenty of points to spend in the DPI gift-shop, next cop bike i see i should split past and see what happens...
                      I wish i did

Comment

i usually wont split obviously but weave a bit through cars until im past the cops.

have split down at a set of lights once and past a cop car though. but i guess they couldnt have caught up with me if they wanted to.
                        Hello, you've reached the psychiatric hotline. If you are obsessive/compulsive, press 1 repeatedly. If you have multiple personalities, press 2, 3, 4, and 5. If you are simply paranoid, just stay on the line - we know who you are.

Comment

As discussed and discussed and discussed here, it is legal when done properly.
                          Don't cross a solid while line.
                          Split on the right of cars in your lane if you can.
                          Split on the left of cars in your lane only if they are stationary.

Do it within your ability, comfort zone and the rules & there's no problem.

Comment

i got told "this isnt a 3 lane road mate, stop being an idiot. And where are your mirrors"

didnt get fined, only a stern talking to Alot depends on the officer in question i would imagine

Comment

I have only done it once and got pinged. Admittidly there was a little
                              one wheel action officer but it was an accident lol

3pnts $900 smackaroonies, never again . . . . . . .

Comment

Working...
                              X