Shadowed Person

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shadowed Person

Hey what sort of expectations are there for a person being shadowed- like we buy our shadow fuel etc, or say with Jim's learner rides they are awesome and that takes time and effort for him and the others, is there an expectation that we get something for those that help us, like i mean for sport and stuff like that you know you get something for your coach etc. because I don't want to be seen as a freeloader- note that i know that in the future that i will shadow those that need it but is there more we can do? or that you want us to do?
    also Thank you to all those that shadow.
    She's not hot enough to be a cougar...

A bottle of JD's would go down nicely, but most of the time people are happy with the feel good vibes.

Weirdo's.

Comment

You pay for fuel.
      You buy a beer or two.
      You offer oral sex.

I've had the occasional beer sent my way, and I've had a fiver handed over "to help out" at the servo, both were accepted gratefully - but I've never expected my victims to give me anything. Generally shadows do it to help more people into the community and have a chance at life expectancy, and that's reward enough.

If for any reason I expected something from my victim I'd ask beforehand - and there'd have to be a reason (like a really long way out of my way, the person was a complete tard or something else that made it a big chore).

So it's not helpful - but it's up to you, really. Put yourself in their shoes. Would you expect something? Do unto others etc...
      "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

Out of all the shadowing I've done, maybe 1 in 4 people offer me something for my time, usually food when we stop somewhere or fuel for the bike. This is a nice gesture, and appreciated, but not necessary as I wouldn't be volunteering to do it in the first place if I wanted something out of it.

In summary, do it if it makes you happy, otherwise a thank you goes a long long way.

edit: is there an echo in here? Onya Cpt. S'fish
        For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
        For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Yeah, I do it for love. Never expect anything in return cept a "thanks."
          Work Buy Consume Die

Comment

Originally posted by jak47 View Post
            ...note that i know that in the future that i will shadow those that need it...
            That's pretty much it. We've all had people help us out in our time, so we in turn do it too. In a bit over 4 years you can pass the love on to the new learners that crop up.
            "Look wise guy, I know I'm a racer, I can feel it in my code."

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris View Post
              Yeah, I do it for love. Never expect anything in return cept a "thanks."
              Full service or just a handjob?

What is best in life? Troll the forums, see the threads derailed before you and hear the lamentations of the moderators.

Comment

Don't want/need anything in return, just happy to help fellow riders get road time and maybe give them a few pointers where necessary. Always happy to be out there

Comment

I don't expect anything, well, except that the shadowee enjoys themself and learns something.

It's not meant to take over from the proper Instructional lessons from a Qualified Instructor, but as extra time on the road to help make you more proficient and confident by the time your test date comes along.

If you have been shadowed you will more than likely offer your services in 4 years time.

See you out there

Comment

wait i could have got beer? aw well good karma will have to do

Comment

I've never even thought about any form of reward or thankyou other than a "thanks", until someone mentioned the prospect of a blowjob...

Who needs a shadow, because I've got an itch that needs scratching...

What is best in life? Troll the forums, see the threads derailed before you and hear the lamentations of the moderators.

Comment

Originally posted by CitizenD View Post
                        I've never even thought about any form of reward or thankyou other than a "thanks", until someone mentioned the prospect of a blowjob...

Who needs a shadow, because I've got an itch that needs scratching...
                        Scartching hey... sorry don't think my tongue is rough enough :p
                        DISCLAIMER: I is an idiot

"Physics is: - like sex. Sure, it may give some practical results, but that's not why we do it.
                        - to maths what sex is to masturbation"
                        -Richard Feynman

Comment

Teeth

(10 chars)
                          "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

Hmmmmmm well the rent is due...
                            DISCLAIMER: I is an idiot

"Physics is: - like sex. Sure, it may give some practical results, but that's not why we do it.
                            - to maths what sex is to masturbation"
                            -Richard Feynman

Comment

Pretty much what others have said, don't expect a thing for it.

Comment

Working...
                              X