Paying Rego

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paying Rego

I've got 2 rego bills here, one is due tomorrow, and the other very shortly after that.

What's the longest you can delay paying the rego without copping a fine or penalty?
    Obviously I'm not going to ride/drive the expired vehicle, but would be super dandy if I could delay one by about 10 days so it ends up on the next billing cycle for the credit card...

Damn taking time off work for studies...

I've left it a month before and had no issues, although I believe it's supposed to be 14 days.

Comment

~2 weeks and/or give em a call, and plead you're a student + need an extension. Most places will accomodate.

Comment

Consider running fewer vehicles if you are a poor student.
        For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
        For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

My boss forgot till 2 days before 3 months and just paid it as usual.

I never got the bill, cos gibbons holden screwed me by saying "the rego is due, but if you buy this car we will today we will put 6 months on it for you." I bought the car, they neglected to pay it but left me thinking it had been (they put a sticker on it saying it wasnt expired) I found out 3 months and 3 days too late and had to take it over the pits (a 9 month old car) paying for the pit inspection fee, temp movement permit and the unpaid rego!!

so from those two experiences i would say 3 months is a good number, 10 days will be fine.

cheers
          Shaun

Comment

The government accomodate a part time student? That'll be a first.

Maybe I should go down to centrelink and get some of my taxes back.

Comment

Got a bill for rego bout 4 months ago for my hyo which got nicked over a year ago. Got it sorted after a phone call.
              DISCLAIMER: I is an idiot

"Physics is: - like sex. Sure, it may give some practical results, but that's not why we do it.
              - to maths what sex is to masturbation"
              -Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by barfridge View Post
                Consider running fewer vehicles if you are a poor student.
                Is 3 vehicles too many?

Comment

Ignore BF, he's just jealous.

Comment

14 days you have, after that another 14 days (without Gov insurance) andyou are driving in effect an unlicensed/uninsured vehicle?
                    Part of your policy stated that is has to be a road registered licensed motorvehicle
                    and at 30 day's after your licence fees are due, your registration is nil and void!
                    correct me if I am wrong, but I doubt it very much.
                    Best to ring up and ask the question me thinks.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonchilds View Post
                      Is 3 vehicles too many?
                      Well if you can't pay the bills for 3 vehicles.....
                      For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
                      For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

yeah, wouldnt risk the insurance issues if you can avoid it, unfortunatley i was driving an uninsured car for 3 months completely unaware. in fact 2 weeks before i knew it wasnt registered a cop pulled me over and did a RBT and licence check and neglected to tell me/didnt know.

I found out later when another cop pulled me over for what i assumed was speeding, i was going about 90 in a 70 zone. he never mentioned the speed but first asked me if i owned the car (i think he really wanted to ask if i stole it). he took my word fo it which made me wonder how easily a thief who may have stolen my car would have gotten away. he then pointed out the rego was expired and told me to call DPI first thing monday. that was it, not even a speeding fine

Comment

Originally posted by barfridge View Post
                          Well if you can't pay the bills for 3 vehicles.....
                          I can, just not this week.
                          Stupid murdercycles ganging up registration dates on me...

Comment

up to 3 months but don't frive or ride the vehicle in that time.
                            Atlas Performance, dyna pumps, " your name goes here"

Comment

confirmed, asked the lady @ kelmscott licensing dept, 14days u can drive it around, up to 3 months after due date u can pay it. did it with my project car recently and it worked....

Comment

Working...
                              X