The new 600's. Discuss.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The new 600's. Discuss.

Ok troops and troopettes (thats you Desmo)

Lets hear the latest goss on the 2008 model 600 sports bikes.

I'm flat out so cant be arsed linking to pics and write ups but i would really like to know what people are thinking and saying about the latest 600's.

What have we got new for 2008?

Honda CBR 600rr
    Suzuki GSXR 600
    Yamaha R6
    Kawasaki, what are they doing i hear there is a new ZZR 600?
    Trumpy 675

What did i miss?

I need a healthy debate on these bikes as my cousin is going to buy his first 600 street bike and having never ridden one i'd thought i'd throw it open to the forum.

Lets see some pics and stats.

I am personally loving the pics of the Gixxer 600 2008, mean looking bike, but of course the 675 seems to be taking home all the awards.

Show me what ya got.

Roost.

from what I've heard people say the CBR 600 is meant to be an absolutely fantastic motorcycle.
    Originally posted by kyliejane
    benjamin is nobodys friend. if benjamin were an ice cream flavor, he'd be pralines and dick.
    Originally posted by harns
    Good riders don't need insurance though, they can evade any situation

BUY_MY_BIKE!!!

Comment

It is

The only things it's missing spec-wise are a slipper clutch and a gear indicator.

And really, can't say i have missed teh slipper clutch - and the lack of gear indicator isn't too bad once you get used to it.

On the road, it has plenty of pull anywhere over 5k for tootling around town with. Above 7k is quick enough to comfortably break the law.

You can even ride it down at 3k rpm if you're willing to deal with it being a little sluggish.

Personally I found the 600rr ride position most comfortable out of the Gixxer, ZX6, and CBR... (so i bought it )

edit:
      AS far as changes go, from what I hear the 08 CBR is just an 07 with the fork yokes dropped a tiny bit and different paint...

pic:

Last edited by thro; 18-10-2007, 02:13 PM.
      “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

yeah, I got an 06 zx6 and love it. great midrange, really starts to get going from about 6k upwards..when you hit double figures though it pulls VERY hard. I do find the front gets a little light during cornering but nothing major or un-nerving. It's big and comfortable too. Slipper clutch, can't say it's really a big deal for the road, maybe if you were a track day fanatic. I do miss the gear shift indicator some of the other 600's have. But like I said in my previous post, if I was buying a brand new one it would have to be the CBR, but I'd like to see the new R6 too.
        Originally posted by kyliejane
        benjamin is nobodys friend. if benjamin were an ice cream flavor, he'd be pralines and dick.
        Originally posted by harns
        Good riders don't need insurance though, they can evade any situation

BUY_MY_BIKE!!!

Comment

Also, my reasoning was that if i need a slipper clutch or gear indicator, they can be fitted aftermarket.

Cutting off 10kg of weight and picking up a heap of midrange torque (while keeping 100% street legal) is probably going to be more expensive...
          “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

I've ridden the R6, and previously this was the best handling sportsbike I had ridden, although it was hampered by a lack of grunt below about 7000 RPM. The 600RR eclipses the R6 by miles, it has usable power from 3000, flicks from side to side almost as easily as the RGV, and has the best brakes I have used ever, bar none. Rolling stoppies are a single finger squeeze away. They have also changed the length between the headstock and back of the tank, so it gives a very comfy riding position when not hard on it. It is also an amazingly flattering bike, I had a set of brand new tyres go from shiny and slippery to minimal chicken strips in the space of about 40 kays on the demo bike, it is such an easy and flattering bike to ride. This is a totally unbiased opinion too, I have that many non PSB people to sell bikes to that I don't need to bullshit my mates.
            I still want to ride a 675, as this is supposed to be almost as good, but maybe a bit firm in the suspension for road use. I also need to try a Gixxer600, just so I can do a genuine comparison between them.

Comment

I have an 07 600RR7 and yeah from what I have been told the 08's are just going to be the same.

I ride around at like 3k rpm a lot toot around in 6th gear
              does the job. Easy as bike to ride though I havent really ridden too many 600s buy going from a 250 to a 600 was an easy enough swap. though my only gripe is my ass gets a bit sore on long trips =\

Comment

^^^ you'll harden the F*** up soon enough

Probably the case with all teh modern 600s, but they do seem very much like a 250 to ride. Only difference is that they actually go when you rev the tits off them, they feel smoother and you can actually stop

Comment

Originally posted by kwakas View Post
                  from what I've heard people say the CBR 600 is meant to be an absolutely fantastic motorcycle.
                  DAMM RIGHT IT IS!

just spent A LOT of money on her today...

Comment

I am Biased towards Yamaha and i make no bones about that, however if i was going to buy a new one i think the Triumph would be hard to walk past, with alot more midrange grunt than any other and winning BOTY by a decent amount make it a popular choice.
                    Atlas Performance, dyna pumps, " your name goes here"

Comment

The thing that swung the 600rr for me over the triumph was a couple of small things:

1. painted engine casings - they're less likely to get surface corrosion and look daggy in a few years (you know how alloy goes - dull...)
                      2. plenty more honda dealers than triumph dealers to choose from for parts/aftermarket support
                      3. looks - subjective, but i think the 600rr looks better

But yeah, triumph was definitely on my short list
                      Last edited by thro; 18-10-2007, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by thro View Post
                        The thing that swung the 600rr for me over the triumph was a couple of small things:

1. painted engine casings - they're less likely to get surface corrosion and look daggy in a few years (you know how alloy goes - dull...)
                        2. plenty more honda dealers than triumph dealers to choose from for parts/aftermarket support
                        3. looks - subjective, but i think the 600rr looks better

But yeah, triumph was definitely on my short list

I was choosing between the Honda and the Trumpy, but when it came down to it, I prefered the look of the Honda and I thought the Trumpy was a bit too small for me , even tho im only 5ft 10 and 60kg's...plus I suppose it helped in the fact that I sell cars for Honda.... hehe.. Staff Discount.

Comment

The CBR600RR8 (08 Model) will be the same except for stickers.

Comment

Originally posted by Tin Tin View Post
                            plus I suppose it helped in the fact that I sell cars for Honda.... hehe.. Staff Discount.
                            Thats all you really needed to write. Imagine turning up here on a Triumph, you would have been sent back to selling those boat anchor Kia's.

I am of course biased but like Desmo I dont need to bullshit to the good people of PSB to sell bikes. The 07 CBR600 is fantastic. Ive been punting one around Barbagallo all year and been having a blast.

My bike is basically stock with a Slip on exhaust, shorter gearing with 520 conversion, braided lines, GPR steering damper (standard one not stiff enough for racing) rearsets and raceglass.

Phenominal brakes, much better than the 06 due to the radial mounted master cylinder. I put braided lines on mine thinking they would be like the 06 but seriously not needed, not even for racing IMO. Better mid range, better handling with the geometry tweaks and the biggest thing is its gone on diet and shed some major weight. Now more akin to the size and weight of a 250 but with heaps more ponies. I didnt really rate the 06 at all, the R6 and ZX6 were heaps better. Good to see Honda are onto a winner. No changes for 2008 except paint and graphics.

Question: has anyone got an 07 CBR6 with a fender elim or tail tidy?

Comment

I personnally think the R6 is by far the sexiest bike on the market. The CBR and ZX6 have really got to take a look at the exhaust location and styling.
                              Atlas Performance, dyna pumps, " your name goes here"

Comment

Working...
                              X