Trakdayz Level 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trakdayz Level 1

ok all, I've never done a track day on a bike before, and also want to improve my general riding as well.

Who here has done a stage 1 course through trak Dayz? for $175 it seems to be worth it to me, I looked up on the net their website and the things they teach you. I just want to hear it from the PSB family how they've found it as far as teaching you things like bike control and cornering etc.

any feedback, positive or negative is much appreciated.

Also, I do not posses a full set of leathers...do they have "hire" leathers or will I be needing to buy a set of my own?
    Originally posted by kyliejane
    benjamin is nobodys friend. if benjamin were an ice cream flavor, he'd be pralines and dick.
    Originally posted by harns
    Good riders don't need insurance though, they can evade any situation

BUY_MY_BIKE!!!

for level 1 and 2, a jacket and either 2 pairs of jeans or kelvar (ie draggin) jeans are fine
    If cleanliness is next to godliness, why was jesus a dirty sandal-wearing beardo?

Comment

Trakdayz is a blast, my parents sent me for last christmas. I think they were expecting something a little more safety-oriented, haha...
      I think the difference between Trakdayz (at wanneroo) and AHG (near the airport) is that while Trakdayz teaches you to go around the track fast, AHG does that plus slow speed control and emergency braking. I've not done AHG but that is my basic understanding.

For level 1, I didn't need a leather suit; I did it in kevlars, a textile jacket and combat boots.

I would recommend going for a ute or trailer to transport the bike rather than riding it, esp. from SOR because it's a long, tiring day of heavy head-focussing stuff and I found on the ride home I couldn't concentrate very well and almost crashed once...

It's awesome though, highly recommend it...
      "No machine has a soul until a man shares his own with it."

Comment

The lads (and ladies) at Trakdayz run a great course. Level one breaks down everything for you. They explain it all in a very basic to understand manner. I fully recommend them. I did all levels of courses about three or four times each...best money Ive ever spent.
        Originally posted by Red_is_Best
        hahah I hate it when they do that and you make some noises like you had it done just last year, then they give you that look, like you are a bad vagina owner and you should take better care of it!

Comment

Pretty sure they dont hire leathers, could always ring them and ask. After you have done the level one course with trackdayz, look at doing a novice racecraft with mcrc, a little more advanced, still not full on and mcrc do hire leathers

Comment

The Trakdayz lot dont hire out leathers sorry. Two pais of jeans or draggins jeans(which you can buy at pretty much any store...I know Craig and Karen at Motorcycle Pitstop have a great range in stock) They are on Angove Street in North Perth.
            Originally posted by Red_is_Best
            hahah I hate it when they do that and you make some noises like you had it done just last year, then they give you that look, like you are a bad vagina owner and you should take better care of it!

Comment

ive done it. its great. the trakdayz guys do an excellent job of explaining everything and keeping it safe. you wont regret doing the course.

if you do it on a hot day, just remember to drink LOTS of water and if you feel you are losing concentration, take a break

Comment

cheers y'all. looks as though once my bike is back in one piece I'll be booking myself in to do one of these courses.
                Originally posted by kyliejane
                benjamin is nobodys friend. if benjamin were an ice cream flavor, he'd be pralines and dick.
                Originally posted by harns
                Good riders don't need insurance though, they can evade any situation

BUY_MY_BIKE!!!

Comment

It is most, most awesome. The instructors are fantastic and you learn a lot. I wasnt prepared for how exhausted I was at the end of the day tho, not from physical exertion but from how much you concentrate. You'll be fine on the way home, just remember the day isnt over til you reach your door in one piece.
                  the universe is hostile

Comment

Working...
                  X