What do I do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do I do?

Our flights are booked for 19 November and we arrive 22 after chilling out in Dubai en route

The UK is rapidly plummeting into winter and as I don't give up work until 5 Nov I still need my bike.

I've tried advertising it with no success.............

Now my thoughts are turning to having it shipped out, my concerns are that its resale value may be low or maybe just downright undesirable should I want to sell it in the future....

Its a 2005 Yamaha Fazer FZS 1000 (last of the carb models)

Anyone else faced this predicament?

So do I ship it over or leave it with a mate to sell next Spring time?

If I do ship it has anyone done this and who did you use?

someone else asked this very same question a few months back. just dont remember who it was. and i think the common consensus was sell it over there and buy anew over here.
    "I think she's kinda sweet...but she makes her living catching cum in her mouth and i'm sensing that's a problem with you"

Comment

cant you leave it with a relative r trustworthy friend? and get them to sell it?
      If cleanliness is next to godliness, why was jesus a dirty sandal-wearing beardo?

Comment

Originally posted by semi View Post
        cant you leave it with a relative r trustworthy friend? and get them to sell it?
        Yes that's an option - just that I won't see any money from a sale for about six months because of the winter

Comment

these links may help your decision

importing a motor vehicle

Imports and vehicle certifications
          "I think she's kinda sweet...but she makes her living catching cum in her mouth and i'm sensing that's a problem with you"

Comment

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...-of-man-38628/

Some discussion in there about moving over from the UK held recently.

Personally Id sell up in the UK and buy over here, can be easier.

Comment

Fazers aren't too popular here, sell it and buy a local bike.

Comment

mate if you are having a container with furniture in it.. throw the bike in also, biggest mistake I made was leaving my bikes back there,
                Real Men Ride Nakid
                http://www.streetfighters.com.au

Comment

I regret not bringing a bike with me
                  Depends on when you get here, are you gonna be able to afford a new one? or are you quite happy to keep the old one?

Upto you mate, but when you factor in the costs of shipping, import duty, registering it, does it weigh up against the hassle?, and the fact you could have a brand spanking new one?
                  Designed by a Genius.
                  Built by Craftsmen.
                  Ridden by a TWAT!

Comment

Bringing them here is a huuuuuge pain in the arse by the time you find an agent, do the import duty crap and get it licensed.

Mate, leave it with Chris up at Banbridge (I think? Just past Oxford anyway) Bikes if you can find him - he's happy to keep bikes on consignment for as long as it takes to flog 'em.
                    "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

Working...
                    X