2003 Suzuki GSXR 600 Flaring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2003 Suzuki GSXR 600 Flaring

Unfortunately some idiot side-swiped my partner on the way home from work tonight and he came off his bike.

Thankfully he steered it into the dirt so he managed to minimise the damage to him thankfully but the bike it a bit smashed up and it is going to need new flaring (looks like he nicked a rock as there's a massive gouge on the side) and a new indicator for the right hand side

So any ideas where to start looking besides from the obvious suzuki dealers. We want to get it fixed ASAP as its his pride and joy

Thanks guys

???

What is best in life? Troll the forums, see the threads derailed before you and hear the lamentations of the moderators.

Comment

you mean fairing.

try ring up motorcycle wreckers. they'll have it cheaper than dealers will.

also if that fails ebay? will take longer probably to get here but will be cheaper. (although if you're not careful you will end up paying a "cheap price" for a crap fairing)

Comment

Before someone starts giving you grief, "fairing" not "flaring".

Try the dealers, try the wreckers. Believe it or not, try a panelbeater that does bikes - the things they can do with plastic today are damned impressive.

Failing that, fairings or parts thereof come up all the time on eBay - my av started as a full set that I got shipped from the states for about the same as two secondhand panels here.

Good to hear he wasn't hurt - no chance of insurance sorting it for you?

Best of luck with it.
        Last edited by Captain Starfish; 19-10-2007, 12:28 AM. Reason: too late re terminology - gotta be quick here!
        "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

He hasn't got comprehensive - just 3rd party

The flaring issue explains why I was having no luck on google lol

Comment

FAIRING

sorry... had to be done
            ...stupid expensive singapore, with its stupid road tolls, and stupid petrol prices, make me take stupid public transport

Comment

was the driver insured? if so his insurance should cover the repair bill, no ?

Comment

Originally posted by taDere View Post
                was the driver insured? if so his insurance should cover the repair bill, no ?
                If he stopped....
                “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

yes, i suppose that is a big IF..

Comment

A bit pricey, especially on the shipping, but you never know what can be arranged with the seller. This hasn't got long to run, but you might be able to contact the seller and organise "Buy it now" listing or something.

eBay Motors: 01-03 SUZUKI GSXR GSX-R 600 750 GSXR600 GSXR750 Fairing (item 170158275858 end time Oct-18-07 19:53:05 PDT)
                    Last edited by 19andrew59; 19-10-2007, 08:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X