Fleabay scam?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fleabay scam?

SUZUKI HAYABUSA - eBay Suzuki, Road Bikes, Motorcycles, Cars, Bikes Boats. (end time 15-Nov-07 05:15:14 AEDST)

Bike is supposed to be in Perth. Looks like it has a square rego label dont WA bike all have round labels??

This is the response one of the guys on ozbusa got from the owner.

Dear xhiler8,

Price is $3200. I am sorry but I dont have more pictures. The bike looks and runs great, it's like new. I am selling the bike so cheap because I am in United Kingdom with my job and I am going through a divorce. If you're ready for this purchase, I need to know your full name and address, as soon as I have them I will start the official procedure, and eBay will notify you about this. Ebay will send you an Invoice with all the info you will need to complete the transaction. Also a 10 days refund policy will be included so if you will not like the bike you will receive your money back.

Regards,
    Sharon Bankhead

Beware......

Your REVS Enquiry Cannot Be Performed Online

NONE of the vehicle identifiers used in your enquiry are recognised by the Department for Planning and Infrastructure.

A stolen, written off or REVS search cannot be performed for this enquiry online. To conduct a REVS search on this vehicle, please call REVS on 1300 30 40 24.

Hmmmmm...... None of the identifiers?
    Turfierific!

Comment

Let me guess, he wants you to pay via western union money transfer?
      “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

you can have square or round labels but do the rev check, if they come back with not so good news report thier findings to ebay so they can take action against the seller

Comment

From Ebay

Classified Ads

When you see a Classified Ads Format listing that appears with the format icon, it means that there's no bidding on that item. To express your interest as a buyer, click the Contact the Seller button on the item page and fill out the short contact form. eBay will forward your information to the seller.
          Note: This unique format does not enable buyers and sellers to transact online through eBay, and eBay Feedback is not available for this type of transaction. Cars listed with this format are also not covered by eBay’s Vehicle Purchase Protection program.
          Note also that eBay does not endorse or approve any of the services listed on the eBay website. Before purchasing services through the eBay website, you are encouraged to find out the seller’s credentials (such as licence number, accreditation or other qualifications), and to check them with the relevant industry body.
          Rules for your safety

The seller must treat the buyer's contact information in full compliance with eBay's Privacy Policy. This policy prohibits sharing the buyer's information with third parties as well as use of the buyer's information for any purpose other than communicating with the buyer about the item, unless expressly permitted to do so by the buyer. Failure to comply with this policy can result in the seller's suspension or expulsion from the eBay Community. Wooptydo He'll still have $3000 for nothing.

Comment

Anyone have a spare email account to ask if we can go and see the vehicle in question?
            Turfierific!

Comment

Doesn't quite look right, does it? Vaguely reminiscent of some other scams I nearly got dragged into a few years ago on eBay.

My approach for anyone interested would be "No fucking about. I'm in Perth, I want to inspect the bike. Give me a time and addy for viewing - you may NOT have my email address until I'm happy with it - please run all correspondence through eBay's message system."
              "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

In regards to the revs check, I have had the same problem before, except with the licensing department. Revs couldn't check for me because there was no rego plate on the bike (so no number). So I had a friend who is a policeman run a check on the chassis and engine number of my bike to see if it was stolen, and he also rang someone in licensing for me whilst I was there, and they had no record at all (as in, it didn't exist).
                Yet when I went to register the bike, they asked me if I had the old plates for it (as it was on record). So I'd be checking more than once, just to be sure. Check with licensing to see if the bike is on file, then try revs again.
                No amount of genius can overcome a preoccupation to detail.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Starfish View Post
                  My approach for anyone interested would be "No fucking about. I'm in Perth, I want to inspect the bike. Give me a time and addy for viewing - you may NOT have my email address until I'm happy with it - please run all correspondence through eBay's message system."
                  I sent an enquiry and received the exact reply as posted earlier, so I sent this:
                  Please provide contact details so I may inspect the bike in Perth (I am in Perth). If you do not wish to give me the garaging address is there somewhere else the bike may be viewed?
                  So far, no reply.

Comment

Scammers have gotten VERY good at spoofing the eBay lookalike emails, documentation, invoices, promises of buyer protection, etc, etc, etc - you've got to look quite hard and have half a clue to see that this stuff isn't coming from eBay at all.
                    "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

Your REVS Enquiry Cannot Be Performed Online

NONE of the vehicle identifiers used in your enquiry are recognised by the Department for Planning and Infrastructure.

A stolen, written off or REVS search cannot be performed for this enquiry online. To conduct a REVS search on this vehicle, please call REVS on 1300 30 40 24.

This was an online REVS check, normally if you put in a missing item as a fakey (In this case the engine number) it will tell you that one of the identifiers was wrong. But All identifiers not being able to be recognised?????? Hmmmm Suss
                      Turfierific!

Comment

SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM LOVELY SCAAAAAAAM!!!

Looks VERY suss to me. Inspect the bike.

Could just be an angry ex-wife trying to sell hubby's bike on him...
                        c o o l s t o r y b r o

Comment

99.9% its a scam.... but they say C.O.D is an option... so go for it!

Comment

maybe when you actually get to see it you find out its a Busa Pocket Bike

Comment

Originally posted by 19andrew59 View Post
                              I sent an enquiry and received the exact reply as posted earlier, so I sent this:
                              Please provide contact details so I may inspect the bike in Perth (I am in Perth). If you do not wish to give me the garaging address is there somewhere else the bike may be viewed?
                              So far, no reply.
                              Just received this:
                              The bike will be delivered to your home address after you will complete the payment. If this is okay for you please send me your full name and address so I can contact eBay to send you the invoice. Thanks

FFS!! After you will complete the payment??

Comment

Working...
                              X