I got split....by a cage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got split....by a cage

So last night I had to make a quick trip to Bunnings, as I have been hanging for a ride I took my bike.
    I was in the right lane and indicating right (to turn right), as I was pulling up to wait for oncoming traffic I was about to put my foot down when a white flash appeared next to me almost scraping my elbow.
    I cant really complain as I slpit wherever I can but I would have liked a little more room.
    end rant

Bert
    It's better to be thought stupid than open your mouth and remove all doubt

Pure speed in sixth gear on a 5,000 foot straightaway is one thing, but pure speed in third gear on a gravel-strewn, downhill, ess turn is quite another.
    Hunter S. Thompson

Yup, used to happen to me a lot, esp in peak hour up gnangara rd - tho its usually a bit slower than a flash 70-80km/h. Had a few fights with cars over my spot on the road too (why they bothered I will never know because they ended up stuck behind the person I was stuck behind and we were all travelling at <40km/h!)

Comment

That's why I always stop towards the middle of the lane when making a right hand turn if there isn't sufficient space in the median strip to get me and the whole bike outta traffic.

350kg of bike and rider splitting cages is a bit different to 1500kg of cage and passenger splitting a rider, and the outcomes are significantly different.

Comment

That's fucked.

I've got myself into the habit of putting myself in spots that will make it bloody impossible to try shit like that.
        such comment
        wow
        many post

Comment

oh i hate that, especially when you're turining into a side street, pulled to the appropriate side of the grease strip, and they overtake you in the same lane while you're still moving quickly
          I love riding, especially yamamas

Comment

That's why I always stop towards the middle of the lane when making a right hand turn if there isn't sufficient space in the median strip to get me and the whole bike outta traffic.

350kg of bike and rider splitting cages is a bit different to 1500kg of cage and passenger splitting a rider, and the outcomes are significantly different.
            + 1 i hate it when people dont show concern for riders safety

Comment

^^^ you speak for us all

Comment

Originally posted by Motormaniac View Post
                oh i hate that, especially when you're turining into a side street, pulled to the appropriate side of the grease strip, and they overtake you in the same lane while you're still moving quickly
                More to the point - while they are still moving quickly. Scary. :o

Regarding moving to the appropriate side of the grease strip before turning: At least it's safer than if tried to turn without moving over - as then they will try to undertake you.
                "Live Long and Prosper"

Bayswater Martial Arts and Yoga Centre

Comment

had one where i was on a backstreet, trying to turn right, and so this dumbass bird tried to overtake me... on the right. WTF??
                  brakes locked, me pissed
                  "i didnt see u indicate"
                  "fuck off wench"

Comment

i went to bunnings once, some little prick in a red shirt and green apron came up and asked my if i wanted decking.

luckily i got the first punch in and sorted him out.

Comment

hahhahhhahah... (im easily amused) nah, it was funy
                      "Redlines are merely suggestions"
                      "Stroked is fun, but I'ld rather get blown"

Comment

try driving thru Paris sometime. In a lot of areas its a case of you decide where the lanes are cos there aren't any marked. Splitting cages will be the least of ur worries.

Comment

I've split past a cage or two before and then slowed up, still staying fairly close to 'splitting lane' only to have the last car I split past try and do the same thing back to me... LOL

Comment

Originally posted by loony View Post
                            i went to bunnings once, some little prick in a red shirt and green apron came up and asked my if i wanted decking.

luckily i got the first punch in and sorted him out.
                            I once had a customer come in, and ask if we had any tools.

I directed him to the aisle where we keep the mirrors, and suggested he'd find one there if he looked carefully.

No amount of genius can overcome a preoccupation to detail.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkbyte View Post
                              Yup, used to happen to me a lot, esp in peak hour up gnangara rd - tho its usually a bit slower than a flash 70-80km/h. Had a few fights with cars over my spot on the road too (why they bothered I will never know because they ended up stuck behind the person I was stuck behind and we were all travelling at <40km/h!)
                              funny you mention gnangara rd, i use gnangara road every day from alexander to hartman, and the drivers always seem to move over towards the line and try to block me in, i dont get this anywhere else but always on the way home from work on gnangara, luckily theres a good streight opisit bills machinery to gun it past them. as more the traffic lights i try to take up as much of the lane without being in the grease strip, i also like to try and make room if i've split for another bike just in case someone else has split two. has happend b4 where i havnt left room, think they where angry, Soz whoever you where.
                              I know i cant spell, please don't feel the need to correct me

Comment

Working...
                              X