Bluetooth headsets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bluetooth headsets

He all im just wondering if anyone owns or has and info or advice on different headsets that u can chat to your mates with while riding....... are they a waste of time???? Cheers

depends on whether your mates are worth talking to!! In a recent mag, the journo admitted to turning his off, and just nodding every few mintues. The other person didn't even know

Comment

i have a blueant interphone. it's pretty good. up to about 70kmh people ringing me on my phone don't know i'm on my bike!!

only tried the intercom function once, and again it seemed pretty good up to 70kmh depending on the noise level in your helmet (my bro's helmet is noisy, mine not so much)
      Cheers,
      Mikey

-----------------------------------------------------------------
      you've never been lost until you've been lost at 200km/h

Comment

p.s. you can only pair it with one other interphone - so no "talking to a group"
        Cheers,
        Mikey

-----------------------------------------------------------------
        you've never been lost until you've been lost at 200km/h

Comment

I have no mates.

Hang on a minute...

I refuse to get one of these even though I've done some LONG trips with a pillion (let alone other bikes). There's nothing to talk about at the end of the day if you're nattering on these things for the whole ride. And there's something special about being with a pillion partner or a group of mates doing something together but - at the same time - being in a world of your own.

Regular riding buddies? You'll soon sort out enough hand signals - including the "pull over, need to chat" one.
          "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

Can you get RF headsets for in helmet?

Comment

You can get the Bluant things which talk via bluetooth - but will only pair with one other headset.

You can get the intercom units which sometimes have provision for attaching a CB radio too.
              "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

Originally posted by johno251 View Post
                He all im just wondering if anyone owns or has and info or advice on different headsets that u can chat to your mates with while riding....... are they a waste of time???? Cheers
                BT sounds great until you work out all the limitations ( battery life "up to 5 hours(WTF)), no noise cancelling etc on most, only mate to 1 other.
                If you want to talk to your mates get UHF radio, 1 watt handheld minimum, a GOOD headset and forget about VOX transmit you MUST use push to talk.
                I know of a set-up for $320.00 that I can personally vouch for at 140kph being clear as a bell, runs for 3 to 4 DAYS on a charge and can accept normal batteries if needed too. PM if u need details.
                What I do for a crust www.dmme.com.au and www.starcom1.com.au

Comment

the bmw bluetooth hemelt is great. i have had them for two years.totally internal speakers and mic and a plug in the back for recharging. works great at 100 meters apart, sound is crsytal with the noise reduction thingy in the helmut i use it for phone for work and mainly for the pillion.. i think it is a great saftey tool , letting the missus know when your about to turn suddenly, waking her up when she nods off on the freeway. nothing funnier than riding along and listening to snoring through the speaker.. it has two buttons on the helmet that adjust volume and making calls. I dont know how many peeps here ride with a pillion but i always do and find it so much easier to ask questions, etc. i really enjoy the whole complete wireless option. and no battery packs or anything .
                  the other good thing is a gps with bluetooth.. saves looking down at the map just listen to john cleese and away you go lol.javascript:openPopWin('../scripts/main.asp?PageID=10745&MediaReleaseID=389&PicToView =2&Screen=ShowImage',530,400,0.1,0.1,'toolbar=no,l ocation=no,status=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=yes,res izable=no')
                  Every day you wake up is a good day

Comment

Working...
                  X