Puncture repair on Pilot Power?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puncture repair on Pilot Power?

The question is, should I have a puncture (nail) plugged in my 2 week old Pilot Power or should I replace the tyre for complete peace of mind? I do take it on track days (with the next one in early Dec) so need it to be 100% at high speed.
    RR#55.

I'ts your call but why fark around with the only thing connecting you to the road at track speeds.
    I would replace it and keep the punctured as a spare, or for road use only

Comment

Repair it.
      If it leaks again, bin it.

Comment

Repair it, I've done plenty of Trackdays with a plug in a rear tyre, no probs

Comment

Repair it - but do it properly with a mushroom plug.
          "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Starfish View Post
            Repair it - but do it properly with a mushroom plug.
            I got mine done at The bike doctor. Haven't had any probs with it staying inflated. Has to be a mushroom plug though. I watched jim put it on. The mushroom head part is well glued in from the inside. I'm not an adhesives expert but I would assume its going nowhere.

Comment

repair it. use a plug and patch that goes from inside to out rather than just a plug.
              Atlas Performance, dyna pumps, " your name goes here"

Comment

How close to the sidewall is the puncture?
                You put the c*nt in country run

Comment

Tyres for Bikes could not repair it because the metal went in at an angle and tore the tyre. New tyre again! $280.
                  RR#55.

Comment

That sux - but at least it saves you the painful decision and worry from then on...

Enjoy your new new tyre!
                    "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

Originally posted by Delirious View Post
                      Tyres for Bikes could not repair it because the metal went in at an angle and tore the tyre. New tyre again! $280.
                      I feel your pain - exact same thing happened to me a couple of weeks ago.
                      Shame it can't be repaired - if it is a clean puncture (ie no tearing) and not near the sidewall you can usually get them repaired.
                      "Look wise guy, I know I'm a racer, I can feel it in my code."

Comment

Hijack: $280 for a Power? So how much ya reckon a Pilot Road 2 would be worth?
                        Find me on Instagram

Comment

Its a shame It wasnt repairable. I have a plug in the mito front pilot power, its lasted the life of the tyre (about 22K km) and never had any problems

Comment

I've had several nails in the space of a few months.

First wasn't repairable - it was a hook shape and tore a gash in the side wall. Happened 3-4 weeks after putting a new rear on.
                            Second happened about 6 weeks after that but managed to get it plugged.
                            Then the plug tore and started leaking (yes, I can be a bit throttle happy)

Then last weekend I copped a screw - in the car tyre!

If I ever see someone dropping nails on the road, they might have to readjust their mirrors...

Comment

nails and screws shit me to tears

My hayabusa is meant to wear out tyres like nothing else

so it would have been nice if my last 4 tyre purchses had been coz they were worn out and not coz some nail had it in for me.

i feel your pain

moX

Comment

Working...
                              X