No announcement yet.

places to ride a dirtbike around Perth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• places to ride a dirtbike around Perth?

My bro's decided to pull his KLX650 out of the garage, would like to put it on a trailer and get to a place near Perth where we can ride. Being from Darwin (where all bush and scrub is fair game), not really sure if there are any places we're allowed to ride around Perth? Does anyone know a good place to go (a street address or directions would be nice) that is fairly hard packed ie not sand? Please pm me instead of replying in this thread if it's not strictly cheered on by the rangers. Thanks

Oh NOR and SOR all good, max 1hr drive from the city
    the universe is hostile

scarboro beach rd around 330pm on a weekday

Comment

is the bike road registered, have a valid license. If so then CALM land is go

Comment

i dont know of the specific places but i'm pretty sure the rules here are basically that everywhere is a no-go except those few places that are specifically allowed. I think thats how it works anyway.

Maybe trail bike clubs have access to private land???

Comment

the pines...... entrance is on gnangara road about 300m west of the end of beechboroug

plenty of area hard packed and soft

Comment

Originally posted by jackerz View Post
            the pines...... entrance is on gnangara road about 300m west of the end of beechboroug

plenty of area hard packed and soft
            Not the nicest place to ride and very busy most of the times.

Pinjar pines is a bit nicer and not quite as busy (don't get as much of the dickhead element)

but as I mentioned above, calm land is a goes if the bike and rider are road legal so that includes Metro Road (near beverley) Thats mostly hard packed with some nice enduro loops, single track and firetrails. My personal favourite area.

Not as dusty as the pines either makes it a bit easier for maintenance on the bikes

Pm me for details

Comment

Good places to ride:
              Round about's are always fun
              Cottesloe Beach "Actually on The Beach though"
              Footpaths in between cul-de-sac's
              Cycleway around the river.
              Arcade's between Hay and Murray St Mall's.
              Step's of Parliament House.

Heaps of places, you just need to be ballsy and fast is all.
              JP

Jason Hodges

Comment

^^^^^^^

Forgot the belltower and perth zoo (animals love it....no really)
                `Ride on Cam - No. 52` :aus-salute:

Comment

Working...
                X