• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Wheatbelt Motorplex gets the Green Light

This from the MCRCWA website....

The Wheatbelt Motorsport Complex

gets the Green Light from the Dowerin Community

A well-attended public meeting at the Dowerin Town Hall on Tuesday 2nd October 2007 saw community-owned Dowerin Events Management Inc (operators of the Dowerin GWN Machinery Field Days), given enthusiastic permission (one dissenting vote) to go ahead with establishing the proposed motorsport complex. This compliments the unanimous September 2007 decision of the Shire of Dowerin Council, to support the establishment of the motorplex.

The proposed motorplex will have two primary functions:

Driver and Road Safety Training and Club Level Motorsport

The preferred motorplex site is at Amery Acres, five kilometres east of Dowerin, on the Wyalkatchem Road. It is intended that the motorplex will be carbon-neutral and actively encourage the work of Men of the Trees adjacent to the proposed site. The name “The Wheatbelt Motorplex” has been registered with the WA Dept of Consumer & Employment protection.

An initial proposal to utilise the Dowerin field days town-based site was rejected due to potential noise issues, with the result that is it now possible to include a much requested drag strip in the overall design. The motorplex will feature a main circuit of three kilometres, with two smaller internal circuits, (including a go-kart circuit), plus a dedicated 4WD track, suitable for competition. All sealed circuits will be twelve metres wide and it is intended to build the track to CAMS standards (and current V8 Supercar requirements), while specifically catering to the needs of club-level car and motorcycle enthusiasts.

It is acknowledged that there is great deal of hard work ahead of the board in terms of design, due diligence, approvals and funding. The project will be managed by Greg Ross, CEO, Dowerin Events Management Inc. For further information, please contact:

Greg Ross
    (Bus: (08) 9631 1021
    Mob: 0428 311 021
    Email: [email protected]
    Originally posted by Red_is_Best
    hahah I hate it when they do that and you make some noises like you had it done just last year, then they give you that look, like you are a bad vagina owner and you should take better care of it!

repost..... Even got the Manager/CEO? of the Dowerin Motorplex Group as a member here on PSB.....
    Sponsored by:

Billetta Imports, Motorcycle Panel & Paint, Pirelli, YAMALUBE

Comment

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...-update-42216/

Comment

I knew that. Would someone come and flog the shame out of me? I blame the Bacardi.
        Originally posted by Red_is_Best
        hahah I hate it when they do that and you make some noises like you had it done just last year, then they give you that look, like you are a bad vagina owner and you should take better care of it!

Comment

Working...
        X