Bagster Is Garbage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bagster Is Garbage

I bought this friggn Bagster tank cover to protect my tank from scratches because I think scratches suck on today’s machines. I paid good $$$ for my bike because it was in pristine condition and I was going to keep it that way, so I go and buy myself a you-beaut Bagster cover. (piece of sh!t).
    I took the cover off on Saturday to give the tank a polish and their they were, several good deep scuff marks ranging from 2 inches to 6 inches long right on the area where the sewing is done and where everyone can see on the tank.
    I sent the toads an email asking them what the go is with a tank protector that damages what it’s meant to protect and there reply was to buy a new one. What GENIUSES.
    So instead, the Stanley knife came out and went to work on the dammed thing.
    I was absolutely irate. Now it is going to cost me twice as much to repaint the tank that the cover ruined.
    No I don’t want one for free.
    I never want to see another Bagstag again, and to all those people I said that they where good, I take it back, They are [email protected] and so is there customer service.

Ha ha those things are usually more trouble than they're worth if you use it only at some tank protector. If the securing mechanism is slightly loose they move and dust/grit/those seams will scratch the paint to jacksie.
    Click here to see my Ducati 999R in the PSB garage... You'll love it!

Don't click here to see my ZX9R aka The Ginger Ninja... there's no link!

Comment

Thats a bastard - I thought mine was great. Even stopped the beltbuckle marks, so no complaints about their stuff here.
      Increasing my carbon footprint - one 500 @ a time...

Comment

I have used them for years never had any problems (I used to sit on mine doing stunts)

Comment

I've had the original BAGSTERS and never had any problems. I see a hell of a lot of copies popping up now but I'll stick with the Euro made stuff.

Comment

I have ventureshield on my blade and so far no scratches on the tank. And no unsightly tank bras!
            http://www.aplaccounting.com.au

Comment

Originally posted by KEV View Post
              I have used them for years never had any problems (I used to sit on mine doing stunts)
              What kind of stunts??

Comment

Originally posted by KEV View Post
                ha wouldn't have thought looking at your avatar

Comment

I have used the Tankslapper film protection for 2 years, commuting 165km every day, and have no complaints about it. It doesn't cover the entire tank (can't help you if thats what you are after), but does cover the lower sides and area where your jeans or jacket zips would scratch. Easy to put on, can be taken on and off again and again, and almost invisible when on. It can't move when on, so no chance of dust or grit getting underneath.

www.thetankslapper.biz

Comment

+1 for me on the bagster too. Have had one on my 'blade for years and it's been great, no scraches at all.
                    Sorry to hear you've had a bad experience - must've been a Friday arvo one!

Comment

No complants with my bagster cover. (and i've carried all sorts of stuff on it )
                      Have had it on my bike since new and no sratches at all. (actually the tank is proberly the only unscratched part on the bike)

Comment

Give it time people, and one day you will remember this post, and I'll be reading totaly different opinions on Bagstag.

I too thought highly and bragged about them. Well thats come to a sceeming halt. Now the only thing Bagstag is getting out of me in the future is the flu.

So what are the other options out there? And I don't care if they cost 10 times as much. So long as they work, I'm not going through this sh!t again.

Comment

Originally posted by BYKA View Post
                          Give it time people, and one day you will remember this post, and I'll be reading totaly different opinions on Bagstag.

I too thought highly and bragged about them. Well thats come to a sceeming halt. Now the only thing Bagstag is getting out of me in the future is the flu.

So what are the other options out there? And I don't care if they cost 10 times as much. So long as they work, I'm not going through this sh!t again.
                          To be quite honest if I get scratches after 2+ years, I dont really see myself being to worried about it.

As for other options use a back pack.
                          Or I know, just dont ride the bike if scratching it worries you that much.

Comment

I want to see Bagster Stunts!!!

Comment

Rob you have the footage

Comment

Working...
                              X