Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rider decapitated in NT

Man, 60, decapitated in motorcycle accident | NEWS.com.au
    a reminder to use it or lose it (your head, that is)

Man, 60, decapitated in motorcycle accident
    October 23, 2007 12:00pm

A MOTORCYCLIST was decapitated when he crashed his bike in Darwin's northern suburbs last night.
    The man, aged 60, lost control of his motorcycle while riding into town on McMillans Rd shortly before 8pm.
    The rider's body was found by emergency services personnel lying in the inbound lane.
    Watch commander Senior Sergeant Peter Kennon last night said it was thought the man lost control after clipping a gutter at the Sabine Rd intersection.
    "It would appear, at this early stage, that speed may have been a factor," he said. "It's (the motorcycle) crossed the median strip.
    "Vehicles travelling in the opposite direction encountered debris from his motorcycle."
    The bike came to rest about 10m away from the man's body, in the outbound lane.
    Police last night were still trying to determine what caused his decapitation.
    Witnesses to the accident were assessed by St John Ambulance and counselled by a police chaplain at the scene.
    McMillans Rd was blocked to traffic for about two hours as traffic was diverted around the scene.
    Last night's accident brings the Territory's road toll for 2007 to 40, compared with 37 at the same time last year.

intresting to note that NT has dropped it's speed limit ie no open limit any more, been dropped to 130? yet their road toll has increased.
    "I think she's kinda sweet...but she makes her living catching cum in her mouth and i'm sensing that's a problem with you"

poor rider, even worse for the family.

Comment

hmmm....wire rope barriers in use there?
      Originally posted by Viper
      I'm probably fucking something up.
      FOREVER RIDING WITH "DAVO" - FarRider #1

http://forum.fjr13.org/index.php
      Administrator

Comment

Oh Snap.

Comment

tragic. sympathies to the family.

Comment

Originally posted by FJ Steve View Post
            hmmm....wire rope barriers in use there?

Suspect?
            Last edited by CitizenD; 23-10-2007, 10:11 AM.

What is best in life? Troll the forums, see the threads derailed before you and hear the lamentations of the moderators.

Comment

+1

at least it seems like he went doing something he loved.
              most people this age wont even drive a car.
              i would like to know how many years he had been riding for.

Comment

haha, Very sympathetic of you CitD :p

Comment

God the "speed may have been a factor" line pisses me off more, the more times pea brained police halfwits use it.

RIP bloke.. hope your headaches in life dissipate.

Comment

Originally posted by loony View Post
                    at least it seems like he went doing something he loved.
                    Worst comment ever.
                    I'm sure he loved sliding down the road without a head.

Comment

Did you consider he was having so much fun he laughed his head off?

What is best in life? Troll the forums, see the threads derailed before you and hear the lamentations of the moderators.

Comment

There was something similar to this about a guy in the UK jumping onto his new bike bought after his wife died, being decapitated by a land rover or something?
                        This is general advice only and does not take into account your individual objectives, financial situation or needs (your personal circumstances). Before using this advice to decide whether to purchase a product you should consider how appropriate it is in regard to your personal circumstances.

Comment

Conspiracy or the latest fad?

Comment

apparently, he'd been listening to steppenwolf's born to be wild before he went riding:
                            "get your motor running, head out on the highway"
                            "I think she's kinda sweet...but she makes her living catching cum in her mouth and i'm sensing that's a problem with you"

Comment

they didn't mention finding his head

Comment

Working...
                              X