Speed Camera Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speed Camera Questions

Couple of questions that I couldn't get a clear answer from search.

a) When are the camera's that take you from behind officially released (they may be out already for all I know) AND

b) What is with them putting signs out letting you know there is a speed camera prior to the camera lately AND

c) Why blue signs now.

I don't have many questions.

Someone got done eh?

a? Already out there. Prolly for over a year.
    b? Required to put out a sign, but not required to make it visible.
    c? Something to do with a law change I can't remember. Something about being in front of the camera?

With regards to b, I think they may have changed that requirement as well but not sure.

PS, I hope thats ya sister in ya avatar.
    To be old and wise you must first be young and stupid.

Originally posted by PSB Forum Software
    Sorry, no matter how much you try, you can not ignore yourself.

Comment

No requirement to put out signs - it's still a "courtesy".
      Blue is less conspicuous, so probably a financial motive there.

Comment

the blue ones i have seen ask a question ie

" are you speeding"?
        A site all parents should check regulary
        http://www.mako.org.au/temp_a.html

(+)

Comment

Originally posted by Bushyz View Post
          a) When are the camera's that take you from behind officially released
          They all do champ, they all do.

Comment

lol

some of them take photos from behind, too
            “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

I got my picture taken last Sunday on the Great eastern Hwy/Tonkin Hwy overpass as I took off from between the cars. I saw the blue sign but couldn't see if it was a new camera. Will be able to tell you in a few weeks or Months time I suppose.
              Love the legend, Kawasaki Z 900/ Z 1000, the Mother of all Big Kawas!
              sigpic
              2007 ZRX 1200R
              1977 Z 1000 A1
              http://www.bikepics.com/members/cruelcheffy/

Comment

Originally posted by Bushyz View Post
                Couple of questions that I couldn't get a clear answer from search.

a) When are the camera's that take you from behind officially released (they may be out already for all I know) AND

b) What is with them putting signs out letting you know there is a speed camera prior to the camera lately AND

c) Why blue signs now.

I don't have many questions.
                a ) No idea
                b ) It catches you off guard. I heard somewhere that there's a rumour they're putting the signs out in front of the cameras to encourage people to slow down, but they're also randomly putting the signs out in places without the cameras (like known blackspots)
                c ) I don't know about you, but I find it harder to spot the signs from afar when they're blue
                Dual sport riders do it in the dirt

Comment

a) nearly 2 years
                  b) they don't have to
                  c) harder to see

Comment

Originally posted by cruelcheffy View Post
                    I got my picture taken last Sunday on the Great eastern Hwy/Tonkin Hwy overpass as I took off from between the cars. I saw the blue sign but couldn't see if it was a new camera. Will be able to tell you in a few weeks or Months time I suppose.
                    i heard a rumour that there is a certain time frame for u to receive ur fine and if u don't get it within that (maybe 21 days was wot I heard) then u don't have to pay the fine?
                    (226): Forecast for tonight is alcohol, low standards and poor decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by Moorby View Post
                      i heard a rumour that there is a certain time frame for u to receive ur fine and if u don't get it within that (maybe 21 days was wot I heard) then u don't have to pay the fine?
                      I heard the moon was made of cheese.
                      such comment
                      wow
                      many post

Comment

Not true, I have heard of people getting tickets 3 months (or more) down the track.
                        Dead Man's Hand
                        Internationational Porter Protection Group
                        Just call me Pat

Comment

They have a few special new multi's that are the funky little box but

ALL CAMERAS CAN BE TURNED AROUND and used to get your back plate.

dammit people search button.

the blue signs have been around for a few months i guess there in front so people actually see them and slow down.
                          Wes

Comment

Got a ticket in June 07 from December 06, so we all may be living on borrowed time.
                            They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

there was a popo media release quite some time ago with head cop'o dude saying they would be putting the sign in front of SOME speed cameras but NOT ALL so "people would never know".

Comment

Working...
                              X