First Bike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Bike

My g/f has decided she wants to get a 250cc bike.
    As its her first bike, I don't want to be paying much more than 2k. Any advice on which bike would be suitable (she wants a sports type)?
    It won't be ran everyday, she doesn't want a 2str (I tried to talk her into one, but no).

Anyone have a 250 they are looking to get rid of for that kind of money ?
    Last edited by Incognito; 25-10-2007, 10:35 AM.

she'll probly get a clapped out ol GPX or ZZR 250 for that money... don't know quite what you mean by a 'race rep'

Comment

As davey said you will get the odd Kwaka, better off saving a little more as you will only spend a $1000+ on repairs on a cheapy.

Comment

Yeah, its looking that way
        I know of a FZR 250 at the causeway, but I know nuffink about them, its an okay price, but...

Comment

My Across is still for sale - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...-across-39949/

Comment

Spend at least 3.5k plus on the 250. The 250's you get for the kind of money have been usally through 8-12 owners usally with little bike knowledge riding skills and actually getting it serviced? doesn't matter bcause it will be sold on a couple of months. Yes they are probally exceptions out there butyou will need to look high and far. If this means waiting a while longer to save some extra cash it will be worth it for the reduced grief in the long run. The good thing about 250's until/if LAMS comes in is they hold thier value pretty well and providing you look after it you'll probally sell it for close to what you paid for it. 5K??? gets you a brand new GPX250 just to put you inthe picture.
            Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

Okay, we'll have to save some money then...

Comment

Jan, stop in at

Southern River Motorcycles
                2322 Albany Hwy (on a corner, bit dodge to see)
                Gosnells 9398 6022

They usually have a few 250's on the floor and Bellinda can have a look at and sit on a few different types, they are the cheaper end of the market, a lot are repairable fix ups, got my bunky (Black ZX6R) from there and haven't ever had a problem with it

Comment

Hi Stoney,
                  I am good friends with the owner of the place (he services my bike when I am away), but he is currently not at the shop due to illness. Belle has sat on a few bikes there previously, but was unsure as to what she wanted (and whether she was going to get a bike or not).
                  Last Saturday we were looking for some bike clothes, and managed to get her on a GPX, ZZR, Hyo, FZR and an R6 (she liked the R6 best).

Comment

doesn't help you now does it when she needs a two fiddy

Comment

But it sorts out the full size bike doesn't it ????

Comment

I'm looking for a FZR250 as my first bike myself. Want to have the cash for it + gear, by the end of the year... SAVESAVESAVESAVESAVE......

Have you considered a CBR250? Them and the FZR/GPX/ZZR seem to be the most common for a 250 first bike...
                        c o o l s t o r y b r o

Comment

Why the FZR ?

Comment

Dunno.....

Like the look of it, it's cheap, relatively common, relatively reliable. Apparently the resale on them is pretty good too.
                            c o o l s t o r y b r o

Comment

fzr is not that common and that is the reason i went for it.

Comment

Working...
                              X