Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• choice between 2 bikes

Hi all,

I've been offered 2 decent bikes (had them checked out by a mechanic mate of mine)

1 is a 2001 model 1200 Ninja

the other is a GSXR 750.

both at the same price.

Which would you go and why?

GSXR.

1. It's not a pile of shit Kawasaki.
    2. "
    3. GSXR 750s are heaps of fun, nimble bikes with plenty of power for, erm, playing on.
    4. I reckon the gixxers look nicer too.
    "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

What do you want your bike for?

Comment

starfish is an idiot who's biased toward suzuki's for stupid reason.
        ask yourself:
        what sort of riding skills do you have?
        what sort of riding do you intend to do most?
        and how big are you? i take it the 1200ninja is a zx12? they are a fair bit larger than the gsxr
        there's prolly a few other questions i could ask, but cant be bothered. they are 2 completely different bikes, and it all comes down to what YOU are going to want
        "I think she's kinda sweet...but she makes her living catching cum in her mouth and i'm sensing that's a problem with you"

Comment

1200 Ninja? You mean a ZX12? - they're both sports bikes but the 12 has much more of a touring slant than the Gixxer. As the Chief said, what do you want out of a bike?

Comment

what year is the 750?

Comment

I'd go for the ZX12, but thats just my opinion. Test rode one of them and loved it. And I'm pretty tall so it suits me

Comment

Personally I'd go the gixxer, love the 750's. and this is from a kawasaki owner. depends on the year of the gixxer though.
                Originally posted by kyliejane
                benjamin is nobodys friend. if benjamin were an ice cream flavor, he'd be pralines and dick.
                Originally posted by harns
                Good riders don't need insurance though, they can evade any situation

BUY_MY_BIKE!!!

Comment

Id go the 750, cheaper insurance, goes like a rocket and handles like a dream (nice and nimble) - easy to get race fairings for if you want to go to the track too

Re: Gixxer years anything 2000 onwards is hawt

Comment

Hi all..

geeze you guys are fast.

Ok I want it for some commuting, some track days also wouldn't mind taking the misus for some rides out of the city for a weekend away.. kinda 2 - 3 hour rides (maybe 4+ if were both feeling up to it)

the GSXR is the same year.

the ninja i think it's a zx12r

both have 57 - 59 thosand k's on em

Comment

GSXR man. Total weapon in the tight stuff.

Cheaper running costs, insurance, tyres etc.

Best balance point for wheelies too. Allegedly.

Take a look at this one before you buy either of the others though. Many here can vouch for it's gucci-ness.
                      http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...xr-r750-41603/
                      Last edited by CitizenD; 25-10-2007, 01:16 PM.

What is best in life? Troll the forums, see the threads derailed before you and hear the lamentations of the moderators.

Comment

Originally posted by chief wiggum View Post
                        starfish is an idiot who's biased toward suzuki's for stupid reason.
                        What, like having a bike that starts without having to wait 10 minutes?

Seriously though, for what you've listed (ie commute, track etc) I'd be heading for the smaller bike.
                        "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

The Suzi

The ZX12R has serious power , shit to pillion on, hard work throwing it around the track, bulky, best suited to a Big rider.

Suzi 750 easier on the track and as DB says cheaper on the insurance, better commute bike etc etc

But what one do you like ??

Comment

gixxer FTMFW!

Darkbyte has one for sale
                            Originally posted by kyliejane
                            benjamin is nobodys friend. if benjamin were an ice cream flavor, he'd be pralines and dick.
                            Originally posted by harns
                            Good riders don't need insurance though, they can evade any situation

BUY_MY_BIKE!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X