Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZXR 250 Carby troubles!!!

Help???

can anybody advise me on a problem wit carbies?
    I have fuel filling the vacume hose that runs from the top of the air box to the pipe between the secound and fourth carbs??
    The bike starts and runs for a whole once you drain fuel out but fills up again and stalls the bike out and floods the cylinders with fuel.

sounds like an issue with your fuel tap, or possibly your floats. With the tank off, does fuel come out with it turned to off?
    If cleanliness is next to godliness, why was jesus a dirty sandal-wearing beardo?

Comment

Yes it does, it has since we have had the bike without any troubles.
      I wiuld have thought that this would show up by flooding the bike when the motor was not running.
      I am going to try this and check for splits in the vacume diaphrams in the carbs as well.
      we had the bike apart for a week so maybe they have dried out and gone hard.
      The bike was running fine prior to this except had a badly worn timing chain that we have replaced during this time. Yes we did line everything back up in the corect places.
      You wouldn't know where i can get a manual for one of these, preferably a free one?

Comment

what year is the bike ?
        I have a copy for the 250 ( C6 model ) on my pc in PDF format or try these .
        These are for the ZXR400 but would be pretty much same as the 250
        if you have issues e-mail me and i'll send it to you
        :: RepairManualClub.com
        In The PSB Garage http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...vehicle&id=114
        The build/tidy thread http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...how-tos-56314/

Comment

You have a fuel height issue prolly caused by a worn needle and seat.Pretty common and easy to fix.

Comment

Working...
          X