Trackday question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trackday question...

OK it's a week to go. We've been hanging out for this one so lets make it worth it..
    Just ask yourself one question I know it sounds really sucky but start getting your head around it... Cause that sand don't taste good and Joondalup hospital ain't a good place to wake up...
    What do I want to got out of this track day....? And if your answer is... "to go really fast" or "to get your knee down" think again... cause to me that's a waste of $200.00+...
    No ranting or whoring just one simple answer...
    My answer is to as always keep the bike in one piece and hopefully learn some s...t off the "guys in the know".
    Last edited by CBillyR; 28-10-2007, 10:29 AM. Reason: Hadn't finnished

Fun.

And get some wear on my knee pucks

Comment

$215 out of buttnekid for my ticket......fucking fifo work!!!!!

Comment

I want world peace and goodwill amongst all nations. And saving the whales would be nice too.
        For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
        For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Originally posted by barfridge View Post
          I want world peace and goodwill amongst all nations. And saving the whales would be nice too.
          We all know your going to be the prettiest one there even if ya don't win

Comment

Originally posted by barfridge View Post
            that's only believable if your wearing a bikini and high heels.

Comment

Why do a lot of ppl think that getting the knee down is prestigous. Do ppl who want to do this think it will make them go faster? Serious question.
              Originally posted by Red_is_Best
              hahah I hate it when they do that and you make some noises like you had it done just last year, then they give you that look, like you are a bad vagina owner and you should take better care of it!

Comment

60 second laps .......and I don't put my knee down ....well not a great deal , maybe a bit in the left hander.

getting your knee down doesn't mean you're going fast !

Comment

Me to. Although Im only doing 64's at the moment. But dont get the knee down a heck of a lot...if at all. I just see and hear this continual fixation on the forum with getting the knee down as some type of indicator as to how good a rider a person is. A huge misconception IMO.
                  hahah I hate it when they do that and you make some noises like you had it done just last year, then they give you that look, like you are a bad vagina owner and you should take better care of it!

Comment

Originally posted by Fastgirl View Post
                    Me to. Although Im only doing 64's at the moment. But dont get the knee down a heck of a lot...if at all. I just see and hear this continual fixation on the forum with getting the knee down as some type of indicator as to how good a rider a person is. A huge misconception IMO.
                    Easy for you to say if you can do it all the time, but if you haven't done it before its kind of like a personal goal. For me anyway. Couldn't give a rats ass about the speed.

Comment

Actually..I'll confess to you. The very first time i did it..it was unintentional and it scared the shit out of me. I still dont like it to this day. It unsettles me with the friction and the sound. Its not fun for me. All im saying it...dont think that getting theknee down is an indication of your riding prowess or lack there of. It does in fact slow you down. It is only an ''indicator'' to let you know...dont go over any further is all.

Comment

it can feel pretty cool , best place i've ever got my knee down was turn one at Eastern Creek......a f#cking fast left hander and it's pretty wicked as you go through there flat out in 5th gear with your knee down !

Comment

Well can ya teach me how to not feel like a winey scared little bitch when it happens then? LOL!!!

Comment

Another question, now that the experts are in the house where can I tie my bike down with tie downs?? I have my old MX tie downs which are great if you have an MX bike but I cant really hook the errmm...hooks over the bars with a faired road bike.

Comment

You can buy a cheap over the handle bar tie down thingy. Damnit dont know what its called. But you hook the ends over your bars...and then hook your normal tie downs through them...damn whats it called. I'll go take a pic for ya. Not expensive at all.
                              Last edited by Fastgirl; 28-10-2007, 11:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X