cop protectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cop protectors

I ahve heard on the grapevine and actually seen one..that there is a device that flips up your number plate when your going past cops whilst speeding. They are illegal here..of course and unfortunately but anyone here know what I am talking about?
    I want one!
    I am a rebel....
    [http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][/url]

O Rly....

Comment

I saw a device recently that's a number plate frame. it has some sort of LCD display or something that can be "blacked out" at the press of a button.

It's for "show use only" apparently
      “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

i seriously doubt anyone here would be hoon enough to use one of these devices
        "I think she's kinda sweet...but she makes her living catching cum in her mouth and i'm sensing that's a problem with you"

Comment

just hinge the plate so that when you are moving the plate is parallel to the ground and when you stop cannot tell anything is wrong. Not that I condone this sort of behavior.

Have a run in with the popo lately?

Comment

You would get RAPED..

Comment

Originally posted by lee View Post
              You would get RAPED..
              ...like a BITCH
              such comment
              wow
              many post

Comment

number plate?? what is this?
                Originally posted by kyliejane
                benjamin is nobodys friend. if benjamin were an ice cream flavor, he'd be pralines and dick.
                Originally posted by harns
                Good riders don't need insurance though, they can evade any situation

BUY_MY_BIKE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by taint View Post
                  just hinge the plate so that when you are moving the plate is parallel to the ground and when you stop cannot tell anything is wrong. Not that I condone this sort of behavior.

Have a run in with the popo lately?
                  Not lately but about 2 years ago worth $300 big ones, my friend has one of those hinge thingies that he can flip up or down whilst riding, it has a little motor in it but he tells me he can't get another one, I think they come from Japan. I might just have to find a way to convince him to get me one or fabricate one for me !
                  I am a rebel....

Comment

If you've got a remote controlled car, you can build your own.
                    This is general advice only and does not take into account your individual objectives, financial situation or needs (your personal circumstances). Before using this advice to decide whether to purchase a product you should consider how appropriate it is in regard to your personal circumstances.

Comment

So basically all you have to do is spot the speedtrap and press a button?

Top idea that.

What is best in life? Troll the forums, see the threads derailed before you and hear the lamentations of the moderators.

Comment

Originally posted by lee View Post
                        You would get RAPED..
                        What??????
                        I am a rebel....

Comment

Originally posted by Cameronjones View Post
                          ...like a BITCH
                          Get off my tread!
                          I am a rebel....

Comment

http://www.superbikesupply.com.au/pi...shop_10638.jpg

tada

edit:
                            Universal Eclipse Number Plate Back-Out Frame
                            Designed and intended for show bikes and display purposes only. The Eclipse License Plate Frame has a clear glass panel that goes dark with the flip of a dash or fairing, mounted switch. A red LED light indicates when The Eclipse is dark, so you wont accidently ride off with the license plate obscured. 12v powered - includes wiring, fuse, switch, LED, controller and instructions. The Eclipse is not legal for street or public road use. Please select Black or Silver

Price: $369.95

edit:
                            As to usage... i'd be just pressing the button any time you decide to do more than 20-30 over. You might not see the speed trap, and if a cop was to see you doing that speed (and decide to bust you for obscured plate) you'd be raped anyway....
                            Last edited by thro; 29-10-2007, 09:58 AM.
                            “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Yeah you can get them in Japan, from Takakaira.co.jp These ones are spring controlled, but could easily be fitted with a solenoid or motor to flip it up, but really you are just delaying the inevitable. You will eventually get caught and as some people will attest to, speed cameras are fine, but real cops with real eyes are more likely to chase you down and hand out a whole box of napalm coated, power gel filled, pineapples to be inserted.

The main reason these work in Japan is that they don't chase vehicles over 180 kmh, they let them go as they are aware that the general public is in more danger from a lengthy road chase then if you let them go, get it out of their system and catch them another day.
                              [Y]

Comment

Working...
                              X