Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jardine GP1's for K7 GSX-R1000 - Opinions Please...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jardine GP1's for K7 GSX-R1000 - Opinions Please...

Hi guys,

I am thinking of upgrading to a GSX-R1000 K8 and would like to get the Jardine GP1's at the same time but probably with the silencer inserts.... Does anyone have the K7 with the pipes on? Question is how loud are these pipes really... Also if you work around West Perth or leave around Beeliar/Jandakot area I would like to hear what they sound like personally if possible...

Suzuki GSX-R1000 K8 colours - GSX-R1000 - Supersport - Road - Suzuki Motorcycles, Motorbikes & ATVs Australia
    Pearl Blue/White
    18.75%
    Black/Matt Black
    46.88%
    Black/Metallic Gold
    28.13%
    Non of the above
    6.25%

Originally posted by Mr M View Post
    I would like to hear what they sound like personally if possible...
    Loud...

...they get my vote

Comment

If it's anything like the Jardine system on daytona it will be LOUD AND THROATY!!!

All kits have self install instructions. Easy enough and a good project for doing at home.
      `Ride on Cam - No. 52` :aus-salute:

Comment

Jardine pipes do sound very nice and raspy.

Comment

Here's a few pics of one I saw at Witch Cycles a couple of months ago.They looked great and sounded verrry crisp.They were fairly loud when you got them on the pipe,but if you tootled then they were quite OK.

sigpic

Comment

hottt pipes (even better without the inserts :p)

good to see it's not just hotbodies who make the slashcuts. maybe i'll still get them

Comment

Originally posted by Tomez View Post
              They were fairly loud when you got them on the pipe
              Suzuki are making a 2 stroke again?

Comment

Got em on my black K7, no inserts, very loud and sound the ducks nuts! Potential to attract a lot of unwanted attention if doing silly stuff where you shouldn't be doing silly stuff!

got pulled over a while back for slight speeding infringement on Roe and he said nothing except how nice they looked...

Sheen

Comment

Originally posted by Sheeno View Post
                  Got em on my black K7, no inserts, very loud and sound the ducks nuts! Potential to attract a lot of unwanted attention if doing silly stuff where you shouldn't be doing silly stuff!

got pulled over a while back for slight speeding infringement on Roe and he said nothing except how nice they looked...

Sheen
                  Potential to attract a lot of unwanted attention is what I am worried about, hence getting them with silencers may help reduce that effect..

Comment

They do sound nice and raspy, as mentioned, but I hear only girly-men put the silencer back in

FTP

Comment

Originally posted by BigTim View Post
                      They do sound nice and raspy, as mentioned, but I hear only girly-men put the silencer back in
                      What the... How rude...

Can the silencer be removed and replaced as you wish?? That would be kinda convenient!!!

Comment

What the... How rude...
                        Haha, nah, don't worry mate, just having a bit of a go at another bloke on the forum with the same bike and pipes, that decided to chuck the silencer bit back in to keep his neighbours from getting annoyed

Can the silencer be removed and replaced as you wish?? That would be kinda convenient!!!
                        Yeah, IIRC, you're able to put them in and out as you please.
                        FTP

Comment

Haha, nah, don't worry mate, just having a bit of a go at another bloke on the forum with the same bike and pipes, that decided to chuck the silencer bit back in to keep his neighbours from getting annoyed

Yeah, IIRC, you're able to put them in and out as you please.
                          That was a quick response mate... Good news. Main reason for these pipes is the looks not so much the sound. Original pipes are just bloody huge and ugly....

I've seen these pipes in black on YouTube but was told that they only come in raw aluminium... Wonder what would be a good way of changing the colour to black. Was told high heat paint would work but would need to be repainted every 2-3 months as it would peel which is no good...

Any ideas....

Comment

Powdercoating?
                            FTP

Comment

Powdercoating?
                              Maybe. I know the powdercoat can be affected by the UV and salts but what it is like with high heat no idea... Hmmmmm, will have to look into that???

Cheers...

Comment

Working...
                              X