Hyosung 650

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hyosung 650

Just wondering if anyone out there has one of these and can share good/bad points about this bike apart from the fact that its a Hyosung !!! I know alot of people have the 250 and there has been plenty of feedback/hyo bashing but some negative/positive info on the 650 would be appreciated :p.

I know someone who has one and loves it. I asked him what the tranny was like as i've heard of some of them having bad tranny issues but he reckons his was great and he's had it for 6 months or so. Better off asking [email protected] and getting his opinion. I'm sure he won't lie to you as to what they are like. They are afterall only $9000.

Comment

I am led to believe they had a lot of trouble with the very early 650's in Australia but as I understand it, that was only the first batch or two. Since then I believe they have all been fine.

Comment

just don't. Ah fuck it, do what you want. Buy one they're awesome.
        Originally posted by kyliejane
        benjamin is nobodys friend. if benjamin were an ice cream flavor, he'd be pralines and dick.
        Originally posted by harns
        Good riders don't need insurance though, they can evade any situation

BUY_MY_BIKE!!!

Comment

Dont have one, but testrode an hour apart from testriding an SV650. If you do that, you won't buy the hyosung
          the universe is hostile

Comment

the other thing is that the prices of many other bikes have come down to the point where the Hyo's are not so much cheaper any more.

Comment

Mate of mines got 1 loves it .Just be aware though they do have a problem with the engines that caused a recall in the US that Hyo Aust are not covering .Check the US or UK site.They also have just been recalled for the bolt that hols the bars on my snap .
              I know I'm paranoid, but am I paranoid enough???

Comment

Why would you actually want one? Seriously, what is your reasoning for thinking thats the most attractive bike?

How much do they cost, all included? I'm just wondering what competition you have for that kind of money

Comment

Secondhand SV for a start.

Comment

Originally posted by greshaki View Post
                    Dont have one, but testrode an hour apart from testriding an SV650. If you do that, you won't buy the hyosung
                    +1 to test riding other bikes first.

unlike the 250 market, with 600s and above you're spoilt for choice.

I'd most certainly be looking at the SV650 as well before making a decision.
                    “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Originally posted by lee View Post
                      How much do they cost, all included? I'm just wondering what competition you have for that kind of money
                      Thats exactly the line of thinking i was taking.

I mean just for eg, look at a Suzuki Vstrom 650. Now I realise they are a totally different sort of bike, BUT the point is that you can get deals with Suzuki for these bikes for $10,000 ride away. The Hyo GT650R is $9,000 + orc.

Yes its a different bike, but I would still expect the Hyo to be significantly cheaper and it just isnt.

Comment

yeah, i think you can get a NEW vtr1000 or SV1000 for 12 ish or so.

Pretty sure the 650s are cheaper than that by a decent amount - not far off 10.

Just looked...

http://www.suzukimotorcycles.com.au/...?intBikeID=184

$9490

no contest, imho - on one hand you have one of the big jap brands with a well proven bike, on the other hand, you have a hyo....
                        “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

even look at the Kwaka ER6's
                          Originally posted by kyliejane
                          benjamin is nobodys friend. if benjamin were an ice cream flavor, he'd be pralines and dick.
                          Originally posted by harns
                          Good riders don't need insurance though, they can evade any situation

BUY_MY_BIKE!!!

Comment

When I was shopping for a new bike early last year, it came down to SV650 vs hyo 650 vs ER-6.

The hyo got ruled out pretty early, it just didn't have the build quality of the jap bikes, and was the least rewarding to ride. I chose the ER-6 over the SV based mainly on looks and ergonomics.

Go and throw your leg over all of them, after all you're the person who will be riding it
                            For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
                            For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

I rode the 650 Aguila (???) frequently last year. It made me decide on needing something bigger..
                              It did everything alright (digital read out was iffy), can't really complain, except it looked like it had been kept in a salt marsh after less than 1 year...
                              I too read the stories about the bolt snapping making the handlebars come loose. It is apparently fixed in Australia, but they are not the only bolt issues with the bike.

Comment

Working...
                              X