Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• good rides around perth?

hey all

i just went for a ride last week with a mate up great nrthn then down through west swan rd and up through the zig zags near kalamunda

it was a good ride, hadnt done the zig zags before
    luckily my mate lead me through them otherwise i woulda gone bush come the first hair pin (doesnt help going through em at middnight on ya first time)

i was wondering wat other rides/roads there are around perth which are good value
    im stuck, most the other places i can think of that are reasonably close to town are generally too built up or full of cops with nothing better to do than pick on a couple of riders
    i think our next adventure maybe mundaring way

Mitchell fwy from perth -> north, about 5pm.

Check in the loop, come out on rides. People wont discuss they're ride routes openly.

Comment

Originally posted by lee View Post
      Mitchell fwy from perth -> north, about 5pm.
      did that enough times both ways when i was couriering (generally last minute rushes for the day just to make it a bit more interesting)

was fun, but im up for somethin not so hair raising

Comment

As Lee said, people wont really discuss ride routes on an open forum because The Man likes to read the forums from time to time.

Comment

Originally posted by NoDs View Post
          did that enough times both ways when i was couriering (generally last minute rushes for the day just to make it a bit more interesting)

was fun, but im up for somethin not so hair raising
          of course it's hair raising, it's like the best piece of blacktop in perth mate.

Comment

I think that GT Eastern is a fantastic bit of road, especially around 5pm. Exciting riding there trying not to die. Give it a shot, garunteed to make sure you're not bored.
            Originally posted by kyliejane
            benjamin is nobodys friend. if benjamin were an ice cream flavor, he'd be pralines and dick.
            Originally posted by harns
            Good riders don't need insurance though, they can evade any situation

BUY_MY_BIKE!!!

Comment

Try Guilford Rd. from Tonkin on any given weekday around 5pm and it will make ya wanna slap someones mamma. Really, how do people continue to live when they drive as bad as they do. Guaranteed to give ya new respect for your own life. Happy Ridin!
              sigpic

Comment

Watch out with the Zig Zag!

I used to ride it a fair bit (I live very close to the bottom) but i give it a miss now as i've had the poop scared out of me too many times by;
                - Going round a blind corner and finding old people driving up the wrong way
                - Stupid cyclists riding up the wrong way
                - And my personal favourite, a family having a picnic in the middle of the road.

Comment

Originally posted by Yuggert View Post
                  Watch out with the Zig Zag!

I used to ride it a fair bit (I live very close to the bottom) but i give it a miss now as i've had the poop scared out of me too many times by;
                  - Going round a blind corner and finding old people driving up the wrong way
                  - Stupid cyclists riding up the wrong way
                  - And my personal favourite, a family having a picnic in the middle of the road.
                  most people think it a walkway not a road, let alone the fact that it is one way

Comment

Zig zag would be good if it:
                    1) went uphill instead of down (or better still was widened for traffic both ways)
                    2) was cleaned up (there is gravel on every hairpin)

As it is, it is more of a curiousity than a real traffickable road - let alone a sporting one.
                    "Live Long and Prosper"

Bayswater Martial Arts and Yoga Centre

Comment

All the good roads are easy to spot
                      they have all got slow speed signs all over them now :-(
                      Real Men Ride Nakid
                      http://www.streetfighters.com.au

Comment

Yeah it's not really enjoyable due to all of the above. Plus on friday/saturday nights there's usually a whole bunch of mofos hanging about about halfway down looking for someone to bash/mug/rape/kill, they can block off the road quite easily with a car and then you're screwed.

Comment

Originally posted by davis61
                          Norty Words
                          So....you read the posts stating that people on this forum don't like to openly publicise good routes because we dont like to attract any more attention, and then you go ahead and post them.

you are either a moron, a knob, a 'tard, or a popo trying to entice some action on your patrol route. Either way, poo poo to you.
                          Last edited by Klink; 30-10-2007, 08:27 PM. Reason: Norty Words

Comment

Originally posted by Yuggert View Post
                            Yeah it's not really enjoyable due to all of the above. Plus on friday/saturday nights there's usually a whole bunch of mofos hanging about about halfway down looking for someone to bash/mug/rape/kill, they can block off the road quite easily with a car and then you're screwed.

errr- turn around and go back?
                            If cleanliness is next to godliness, why was jesus a dirty sandal-wearing beardo?

Comment

Originally posted by davis61
                              Dribble.
                              Nice going bright spark

Can a mod please WACK his post.

Comment

Working...
                              X