motorcycle parking bays in Perth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• motorcycle parking bays in Perth

anyone know where I can find maps of bike parking bays for greater perth?, I see the Ulysses web page has one for the CBD?, I'm after perth, west perth , east, northbridge and freo

Aim for the footpaths
    Jez.

Why do women have legs? Have you seen the mess snails make?

Comment

Can't help you with the CBD but in West Perth there are 2 spaces on Havelock Street, 2 on Ord Street, at least 1 on Colin Street I think and another couple on Outram Street (all north of Hay Street)

Comment

At least 2 on Ventnor Street in West Perth also, up near Kings Park end.

Comment

thanks guys, I'm now working in Subi, and will try to take the car in only occasionally, otherwise its big bikkies per year, so mostly it will be the train and bicycle once the new mandurah train line is open and the bike, just trying to suss out where in Subi to park, the subi parking officer are notorius for fines!!

Comment

Park under Woolworths mate, free all day

Edit: free for bikes that is
            Last edited by Bendito; 30-10-2007, 08:01 PM. Reason: needz mo details

Comment

There was a thread a while ago linking parking bays and their location on Google Earth. Do a search. It wasn't too bad, 'cept for the fact that the bloody Perth City Council has made all city bays 30mins or less.
              2006 Yamaha R1SP;
              In an interview with the New Scientist magazine marking his birthday, Stephen Hawking was asked what he thought about most during the day, and replied: "Women. They are a complete mystery."
              Amen, brother. Amen.
              My nemesis; Barfridge

Comment

holy thread necromancy batman

Atm I'm considering a job in West Perth on Outram st. The place in question doesn't have parking so most people catch public transport. Outram st does has a few bike bays though. The paid car parking didn't have a time restriction from what I saw, so I'm wondering if anyone knows whether the same applies for the bike bays.

There was an orange ninja parked in a bay for the whole 1.5 hours I was there on Monday. I saw the same bike on Hay st nearby on Friday so I assumed the guy worked in the area, and if so, probably parks his bike on the street like that. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Comment

Use Google Maps Street View to look for spots to park

Google Maps

Comment

Someone started up a map here, but I don't know if it's still being maintained.

Comment

Originally posted by nez View Post
                      holy thread necromancy batman

Atm I'm considering a job in West Perth on Outram st. The place in question doesn't have parking so most people catch public transport. Outram st does has a few bike bays though. The paid car parking didn't have a time restriction from what I saw, so I'm wondering if anyone knows whether the same applies for the bike bays.

There was an orange ninja parked in a bay for the whole 1.5 hours I was there on Monday. I saw the same bike on Hay st nearby on Friday so I assumed the guy worked in the area, and if so, probably parks his bike on the street like that. Can anyone shed some light on this?
                      i'm in colin st, theres a crb tho parked in the bike bay out front all day and the streets are crawling with parking inspectors, so i think you'l be safe.

Comment

cheers guys. the google maps parking map says the ones in that area are paid parking though... surely they don't expect bikes to buy a ticket?

Comment

If the bike pay is paid parking there will be a meter you have to feed, usually around $5.20 for a whole day

Comment

I just want to blow off some steam so here goes.

Went to park in bike bays directly across from Miss Maud on Murray St (4 bays) only to find a car parked across all 4. Not unusual but while taking photo and rego to send to PCC. (probably useless anyway) the lady returned.

Turns out that she works for the PCC and the bike bays are only bike bays from 8.00am to 5.30pm. Current time was 7.30am. WTF ???

Have just written lengthy letter to PCC stating Disgust. It is just f'ing stupid that the give us only a few bays and then limit the times that we can use them.

BULLSHIT !

End Rant.

Comment

thats just stupid. Hopefully you get a positive response out of them...
                              I'm just seriously considering long term hiring a bike bay in this building, but its hell expensive and might not use it everyday...theres just no easy solution to parking in CBD.

Comment

Working...
                              X