Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CBR250's Need info?

I searched but did not find :p

Ok I was asked this question, by my dad, apparently there is a young guy at his work, that is thinking about buying a cbr250, dunno if they were a r, or rr version, but was apparently looking at prices for them over east at around the $8-10,000 mark. I thought the prices were high at $5-6000?

I nearly choked on my coffee when I heard this, as these prices are surely for old bikes, imported by a dealer, but with newish ('06-'07) compliance plates fitted?

So the question is this:

How does he find out the exact age for one of these bikes, as Odometers can be played with, and a dealer may or may not tell him what he wants to hear?. From what I can make out he may be, thinking these are brand new bikes?, also what year did they stop building and or officially stop importing these bikes?

Any help much appreciated! thanks :grin:
    Designed by a Genius.
    Built by Craftsmen.
    Ridden by a TWAT!

pretty sure that the build date and the compliance date are both stamped on the compliance plate, or the build date is around there somewhere too. If its an aus delivered model itll probably be a tricolour, and the compliance plate will be stamped HONDA MPE at the top. A grey import will be stamped something else, usually the name of the company who imported the bike
    If cleanliness is next to godliness, why was jesus a dirty sandal-wearing beardo?

Comment

Honda CBR250 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They will be somewhere between 11 and 21 years old....but plenty of suckers still fall for the new date on the compliance plate trick.
      For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
      For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Thats exactly what I was worried about BF, I have seen too many falsly advertised as '04, '05, '06(example) bikes, and wondered how many would fall for it?, and pay the higher price
        Designed by a Genius.
        Built by Craftsmen.
        Ridden by a TWAT!

Comment

Working...
        X