Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visors - Tinted v's Iridium

Hi All,

I'm looking for your opinions. Tinted or Iridium visor. What is best for glare and general riding in WA with the sun? I'm sick and tired of getting panda eyes with my clear visor and sunnies.

J

Iridium - looks cool, scratches like a mofo

Tinted - looks nearly as cool, doesn't scratch like a mofo.

Both block the sun.

Comment

up to personal preference but both of them will do the trick, I just carry a spare clear if I know night is going to fall as I am riding

Comment

Iridium scratches when you look at it.
        Don't buy one.

Comment

Polarised sunnies and a raised visor work best for stuff around town.

Tinted if you're going riding all day.

I'm still trying to find a visor that doesn't give funky colours if I wear polarised sunnies underneath (or alternately - a polarised visor).

Comment

Originally posted by Jonchilds View Post
            Polarised sunnies and a raised visor work best for stuff around town.

Tinted if you're going riding all day.

I'm still trying to find a visor that doesn't give funky colours if I wear polarised sunnies underneath (or alternately - a polarised visor).
            I am still trying to find a helmet that fits properly that I can wear glasses with Bloody shark helmets and their awesome (wierd head shape) fit

Comment

Iridium shits on tinted. Iridium cuts the glare without making the view too dark, so when you go through the tunnel or in shadows you can still see where your going with detail.
              Yes it scratches, but so does tinted , its just it shows up worse on Iridium. Just learn to care for them better. I only use Iridium or clear.
              Atlas Performance, dyna pumps, " your name goes here"

Comment

Iridium will be fine for a few months if you look after it (i went through 2 iridiums in 1 year on my RE, just got a new helmet to go silver).

if you can spare $10/month, feel free

I reckon silver iridium looks the shit
                “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

I love my iridium, despite having to constantly clean it.

Keeps tonnes of heat out and looks 'the biz'.
                  such comment
                  wow
                  many post

Comment

yeah, i've got an iriduim visor had it for about 3 years and no scratches, cuts glare wickedly and looks cool. Only scratches I got on it were with my off a couple of weeks ago. New helmet shopping here I come, and it will have an iridium visor.

oh, and welcome to PSB
                    Last edited by kwakas; 01-11-2007, 01:34 PM. Reason: welcome note
                    Originally posted by kyliejane
                    benjamin is nobodys friend. if benjamin were an ice cream flavor, he'd be pralines and dick.
                    Originally posted by harns
                    Good riders don't need insurance though, they can evade any situation

BUY_MY_BIKE!!!

Comment

Iridium

Comment

You can't wear polarised sunglasses with an iridium visor; you get colours.

You WILL get sunburnt through an iridium visor, but not with a tinted one. Both have great glare reducing properties.

You can't wear a tinted visor at night, iridium ones are "easier" to see out of but still not as well as clear. Blue iridium is more suited to night riding than silver iridium.

As people have said, plastics scratch regardless, its just the iridium visors tend to have more visible scratches. If you watch out how you store your helmet you won't scratch it or the visor.

Oh, and iridium ones DO look better

Comment

Oh yeah just in case some people don't realise...

it's the BACK of the iridium that scratches like a mofo.

If you can keep that from getting scratched they're generally fine
                          “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Had an iridium for a while with the old lid and yes it scratches when ur face slides down the road...
                            It was better if you get caught with it at night (makes everything orange instead of black). I've got a tinted one now and its great during the day.

And why would u wear sunnies with a tinted or iridium visor? might aswell just wear the sunnies and save yourself 70 bucks.
                            Those who risk nothing, do nothing, achieve nothing, become nothing.

Comment

I've never had an iridium but i've got a really dark tinted one. I've got to admit that i really dont look after it much at all. Basically never clean it, rip it off every nighttime ride and just chuck it over to my desk. Even with a rough life its held up very well, if there are any scratches you cant tell.

I am a meat-axe with my stuff, there are very few possessions I actually look after, so durable things are what i like.

Comment

Working...
                              X