• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just got done for lane splitting

just wanted to have a whinge

2 cars stopped at lights on a dual carriage way
    i split up the middle and take off when the lights turn green
    turns out one of the cars contains a pen pushing police officer wanting to feel important.
    pulls me over and fines me $100 for "crossing a continuous white line approaching TCL" (traffic control lights)
    i maintain that i didnt cross the line.
    i asked him if what i did would have been legal if i hadnt crossed the line.
    his responses were:
    "i dont have to answer your questions"
    "ive issued an infringement so this matter is closed"
    "im not hear to answer questions"

contemplating court based on the fact i didnt cross the line and id be bloody surprised if he would have had a view of the line, but at the end of the day, im just a citizen and my word is worth jack shit, and im guessing court costs would be $200+
    on the other hand i promised id see him in court. i dont like breaking promises.

i dont normally wish bad things on people but i hope this wanker gets cancer.

/rant over
    Respect is earned, not enforced.

Was the policeman the driver of the vehicle, was he alone, and was he on your left or your right?
    Originally posted by Melkor
    The Saint is all over the answer like a Saint on a cupcake.

Comment

Originally posted by The Saint View Post
      Was the policeman the driver of the vehicle, was he alone, and was he on your left or your right?
      he was alone, and he was on my left, and i alledge that i was in the same lane as him

also, where he has filled out his details, under "station" he has written what appears to be "NWMT". anyone know what station that is? i was closest to warwick at the time.
      would like to give him a phone call tomorrow and ask him if he knows if filtering is legal or not
      Respect is earned, not enforced.

Comment

NWMT = North West Metro Traffic

which i think might be based at Warwick or Joondalup

Comment

NWMT = North West Metropolitan?

He knows filtering is legal. The crossing the white line prohibition is how they get you for it. I'd advocate writing to the regional commander and respectfully suggesting that you did not cross the white line (would be stupid to do so with a cop on your left) and requesting that the charge be withdrawn. No court costs that way.
          Originally posted by Melkor
          The Saint is all over the answer like a Saint on a cupcake.

Comment

I lane split today on the way to uni on manning road, had to put the foot down and it was on the line - next to a marked higway patrol car and another marked car oppoiste intersection, Unlucky you mate i was worried they were gonna radio the patrol car and "dob me in"
            sometimes you get the anal retentive - who are human and thus do on occasions make mistakes, but being what it is in person they are "obligated" to deny any contradicting statements you make as it is undermining to their authority - not always them being a prick, just a function of the job.
            "Redlines are merely suggestions"
            "Stroked is fun, but I'ld rather get blown"

Comment

Kepp in mind if you put your foot down into a different lane to the wheels of your bike, you just crossed the solid white line.
              Atlas Performance, dyna pumps, " your name goes here"

Comment

I hear 15 children were killed due to your efforts.

:|

What a wanker...
                “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Writing to the area commander wont do jack shit. Take it to court, represent yourself and plead not guilty. Say he had no direct view of your bike and the lane makings, but you did next to his drivers door on one side of the unbroken line and that at no time did you cross it. Have notes of what the cop said and read them to the magistrate. It shows he was being a prick. At least that way you get to screw the cop around by making him wait in court all morning and you are unlikely to be worse off.

Or pay the money and forget it.

Comment

Originally posted by nevr2old View Post
                    Writing to the area commander wont do jack shit. Take it to court, represent yourself and plead not guilty. Say he had no direct view of your bike and the lane makings, but you did next to his drivers door on one side of the unbroken line and that at no time did you cross it. Have notes of what the cop said and read them to the magistrate. It shows he was being a prick. At least that way you get to screw the cop around by making him wait in court all morning and you are unlikely to be worse off.

Or pay the money and forget it.
                    As Above, take it to court if you can.
                    I am the old bloke on the black and yellow cbr1krr

Comment

Back when our friends were refusing to issue fines my instructor got pulled over for having split and letting his left foot occupy the left lane with the bike in the right lane. If you were in fact in one lane entirely and the officer was wrong, I say go for it.

When I was a P plater on a few occasions I had marked patrol cars follow me, tailgating the whole way, for no reason (Literally no reason - new car, abiding by the speed limit/street signs, etc). It served to confirm they were in fact following me when I turned down friends dead end streets and the pricks continued following. I'm not their biggest fan.

Comment

If he's lying, then put in a complaint to Professional Standards. Even if it comes to nothing in your case, if enough complaints are made about him, then the Risk Assessment Unit will identify him and take remedial action. As long as you're right, it's always worth making a complaint.
                        "He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice." Albert Einstein

Comment

i mean if he was watching you in his side mirror, that means the the side mirror was obviously incorrectly adjusted.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr M00se View Post
                            i mean if he was watching you in his side mirror, that means the the side mirror was obviously incorrectly adjusted.
                            that's actually correct. given the unbroken white line is only for the last few metres, if the cop car was at the front and had properly adjusted mirrors, he wouldn't have been able to tell that you crossed the line unless he stuck his head out the window and looked down!

Comment

Originally posted by Supercharged1600 View Post
                              not always them being a prick, just a function of the job.

Interesting concept, and in other news the sun rose in the west today.

Comment

Working...
                              X