Tyre Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyre Poll

After low-side at tuning session i am looking to upgrade my current Bridgestone BT-020's to something abit better. I found the BT-020's to be a very hard compound tire even after quite a few decent laps at AHG they had little to no wear compared even to the BT-014's i had on the ZX6. I have made a list of tyres that i wish to put on from all the different manufacturers and am wondering which ones do people prefer!

Might serve as a good list for people looking to change/upgrade their tyres as well .
    Metzeler Sportec M1
    0.00%
    Bridgestone Battlax BT-014
    21.43%
    Dunlop Qualifier
    5.71%
    Michelin Pilot Power 2CT
    44.29%
    Pirelli Dragon Supercorsa Pro
    28.57%

Pirelli is the only tyres for me. I have tried Metzelers, bridgestones and pilot powers, but i have found the Pirelli's give a level of grip the others can't touch. You will not get alot of miles out of them but that is the payoff.
    Atlas Performance, dyna pumps, " your name goes here"

Comment

Let me guess - the 020 front washed out on you?

I found the 020 rear to be great, but the front was lacking.

Comment

Rear slid out first. I was over too far for the tyre, didn't get my bum off the seat enough, the seat didn't support moving around much, no hero-pegs on the left as they have been snapped off, i cant corner etc etc etc...

Comment

i <3 PPs

sorry 2 hear about ur off. you ok?

Comment

Originally posted by lee View Post
            i <3 PPs

sorry 2 hear about ur off. you ok?
            Yeah his ass is probably fine now after the hiding his Mrs would have given him :O (her bike)

I have the BT020 rear on my ZZR and while its great for commuting, I would run a mile from it if I had to use one on the track. The BT014 on my 636 seems to hold up well during TS (when its dry ) but obviously being an OEM tyre they're made/fitted to a price and the moment I can afford it they're getting the heave-ho for something else.

Comment

The 020's even if you look at the bridgestone marketing stuff are a sports touring tyre. They work ok once you get them up to temp but that takes quiet some time.
              Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

Oh im fine, just a grazed knee. Disappointed with the Hornee Jeans as it was a low speed low side and they just wore right through the Kevlar. Very happy with the kawasaki knobs as there is little to no fairing damage and found the metal/aluminium goes all the way through the knobs. Just gotta get a new handlebar and new knob, oh and a new rear indicator. Just money that i don't really have at the moment to spend for something that really could have been prevented by riding abit easier.

Anyway, back to the tyres.

Comment

Originally posted by Nero Diablo View Post
                  The 020's even if you look at the bridgestone marketing stuff are a sports touring tyre. They work ok once you get them up to temp but that takes quiet some time.
                  Exact reason I'm not at PSB trackday this year. I run the bike in a straight line alot, commuting to Forrestfield every day and the 020s have given good mileage in the centre of the tyre with "reasonable" cornering grip (rear's stepped out twice now when I've been pushing a little) but I won't get them again.

I'm probably gonna try the next Bridestone up (014?) so that's what I voted for.
                  Find me on Instagram

Comment

Munches: sorry to hear about you damamging such a pretty bike

Just be thankful the -f comes with bridgestones and not dunlops *shudder*

I'm quite a fan of the pilot powers, and have heard good things about the pilot road 2 if you want longetivity.
                    For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
                    For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

I'm in need of new tyres for the ninja ATM as well. It will be interesting to see every ones opinions on the best tyre. A few people have told me the pilot powers are the ducks nuts but i'm still undecided.
                      The Equity Crowd
                      Marketing, Websites, Business Development

Comment

LEarn to get your bum off the seat..

The more you get off the seat the less you lean the bike the more power you can get to the ground and the less front end push you get..

You don't need hero pergs to ride.. i have never had any and i can still ride on my BT 020's..

So Many Assholes, So Few Bullets

Comment

Madkat: Theres no question of Munches ability on a bike mate, I've seen him in action and he did find the limit of that bike/tyre combo.

I've used PPs, loved em for the sort of mix you describe.

Edit: I have had a lot of positive feedback on the new qualifiers too, its just unfortunate that Dunlop earnt themselves a reputation with their previous rubber thats taking some getting over.

Comment

i found the pirelli corsa III as the best road/track tyre but the supercorsa pro special compound for track SC1 front/SC2 rear

the 2CT seem very good in the wet (on others bikes) although the corsa III got good once it scrubbed up properly

any of the softer road tyres overheat after around 6 laps of wanneroo on a superstock bike but they do stick very very well. the SCPSC don't tend to "go away" as much. difference is more pronounced in hot weather.

I went through michelin PP (standard) rear in three track days. RHS down to the wear bars in 600km! (doing 67s on a duke)

FWIW
                            q
                            bevel drive, belt drive, desmoquattro, testastretta, desmosedici....an evolution
                            -> Triumph 675, a revolution and obsession
                            __________________________________________________ _________________________

Comment

Originally posted by Madkat View Post
                              LEarn to get your bum off the seat..

The more you get off the seat the less you lean the bike the more power you can get to the ground and the less front end push you get..

You don't need hero pergs to ride.. i have never had any and i can still ride on my BT 020's..
                              Yup, im aware of my failings however as said, the bike doesn't promote moving much off the seat as with the previous laps i had to stand on the pegs to shift my weight around as the seat was very grippy - i will try armour-all before i head on another tuning session to help alleviate the seat grip problems.

Also with the hero pegs it would have given me an earlier warning that i was reaching the edge of the tyre and might have even prevented the off, who knows.

Live and learn i guess and i learnt alot about the bike and the rider from the off so what more can i ask for ^_^

Back to tyres! Vote !

Comment

Working...
                              X