Spare Honda keys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spare Honda keys

has anyone been able to get a spare key for their Honda post 2002 with the HISS-2 system? can dealers simply code it to your ECU?

I believe they can code it as long as you still have a functioning key.
    They may code the key to the existing one, or the bike to accept the new key.
    The former sounds more reasonable.

I've got a spare cut, but need to get it coded at Honda at some stage.
    Hope they don't charge anything like Toyota ($200+)

Comment

the bike i just bought appears to only have one key (black, they lost the red master one) so i will want to get a spare one some time.

Comment

Never knew the VFR's came with a master key.

Comment

I got a new spare HISS (2004) key recently, Causeway Honda programmed it up for me...

S.
          Chuck Norris is 1/8th Cherokee. This has nothing to do with ancestry, the man ate a fucking Indian.

Comment

How much did it cost Sprint?

Comment

Originally posted by Jonchilds View Post
              How much did it cost Sprint?
              The key was about $55, the cutting $30, and the programming another $45.

I was down to one key, didn't want to face the prospect of buying a HISS loom @ circa $2k.

S.
              Chuck Norris is 1/8th Cherokee. This has nothing to do with ancestry, the man ate a fucking Indian.

Comment

Also, if you don't have the phsyical KEY, but have the metal tag that came on one of your keyrings, that has the code that they can look up and use to key/cut another one for you...
                “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Originally posted by Jonchilds View Post
                  Never knew the VFR's came with a master key.
                  dunno about master, but one is red and one is black and they're different sizes.

Comment

master key?

the other one only does the ignition and the fuel tank and uh.... ?

“Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Insane says his 07 VFR came with 2 black keys only
                      Unlikely adventures require unlikely tools.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lady Di View Post
                        Insane says his 07 VFR came with 2 black keys only
                        He best not be losing the master key then.

Comment

Yeah, 07 CBR 1k comes with 2 x black keys identical to each other.
                          There's a little tag with them with an 8 digit code on it.
                          You can get a new key made from that code. Without it, I have no idea. I'm sure there are places about that cater for that eventuality.
                          "In all the human societies we have ever reviewed, in every age and in every state, there has seldom if ever been a shortage of eager young males prepared to kill and die to preserve the security, comfort and prejudices of their elders, and what you call heroism is just an expression of this fact; there is never a scarcity of idiots." -The Culture

Comment

Originally posted by Kryzaach View Post
                            Yeah, 07 CBR 1k comes with 2 x black keys identical to each other.
                            There's a little tag with them with an 8 digit code on it.
                            You can get a new key made from that code. Without it, I have no idea. I'm sure there are places about that cater for that eventuality.
                            It appears that the 07 VFR is as above. Neither is a "master" key and yes we have the number code.
                            Unlikely adventures require unlikely tools.

Comment

Working...
                            X