Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quad Bikes/ATV's

hey all,

im getting a bit bored down here in esperance and so was looking at buying myself a new toy so was thinking about getting a quad bike. So the question is what do ppl recommend? whats out there thats good what do i avoid? will be buying it down here so have the big name dealers and thats it.

cheers

Why not take a trip to Perth and pick one up? Lots of deals going on atm

We have a Kawasaki KFX700 - tis awesome, there are so many different types, as with all bikes, it is best to site on them to see how they fit you

Comment

a trip to perth might be on the cards then...

im after something thats got some grunt for when i want to hoon around the beaches etc but isnt to powerful/scary that the missus wont want to ride it (actually that could be an idea ... )

EDIT: also what sort of ballpark am i looking at for the 700. ive found most 450-500's RRP is about 9-10k

Comment

This site is kicking off proper in the next couple of weeks and might provide a little background on some models. ATVPOD - THIS SITE HAS NOT LAUNCHED TO THE PUBLIC AS YET AND IS A WORK IN PROGRESS
        Trev
        MCNEWS.COM.AU

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyO View Post
          hey all,

im getting a bit bored down here in esperance and so was looking at buying myself a new toy so was thinking about getting a quad bike. So the question is what do ppl recommend? whats out there thats good what do i avoid? will be buying it down here so have the big name dealers and thats it.

cheers
          Hey Jimmy,
          I just got back from a quad roosting weekend in Wedge this afternoon!
          I know a little bit about most ATV's (Have owned all 4 of the 'Big Brand Names')
          You mentioned you want grunt?
          As the guys above suggested the 700's are pretty 'grunty' but leave a bit to be desired in the handling department compared to the 450's. (Heavy)
          Of the BigBores I would go the Yammie Raptor. The Kwaka is Auto tho. (Missus?)
          I own a Honda TRX450R and after spending a Bomb on it, it goes well enough to run with the newer Suzuki LTR450's. (I was surrounded by them this weekend but I happily proudly flew the Honda flag!)
          Stock against stock, the Suzuki is by far the best bang for buck! Low, Wide, Injected with HEAPS of power standard (once you remove airbox lid and baffle from muffler)
          Maintenance is the issue with the Racer 450's, but damn they are soooo much fun!

Lower maintenance ATV's that still go well is the Suzi LTZ400 or Honda 400EX.

Stay away from Chinese and Polaris! :p

Anyways, thats just my opinion.

Good luck, I'm sure you'll have heaps of fun with which ever quad you ended up going with.

Mick

p.s. some pics from today;

1 x more!
          I want to leave this world the same way I entered it, screaming and covered in blood.

Comment

i've just been down to the local bike shop and they reckon the can-ams are the way to go. auto in both 500 and 800. they reckon i should avoid the 450 racers cause they are manuals and dont just like to putt along which might scare off the missus. so back to big bikes what is the recommendations from ppl that have had a go on them. i will be taking some for a test ride but i also wanna know what others think

Comment

Umm Cam-am I think is Polaris by another name. Gas-Gas 300 smoke bomb FTW!.

Do take note I know nothing about these things.
              Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

can-am 800cc fuel injected 4wd FTW :awesome:

Comment

Yamaha Banshee smoker ftw.

Comment

Originally posted by Desmogod View Post
                    You must still be not quiet right doing yourself out of a potential sale here!
                    Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

PSB's not the place for pimping wares

Comment

Originally posted by Desmogod View Post
                        Mmmm yeah inclined to agree. The Raptor is a bit heavy IMHO and it's track is a bit narrower than other quads, could pose a bit of a rollover risk with all that weight.

Comment

Working...
                        X