ZX636 (05/06) vs GSX-R750 (K6/K7)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZX636 (05/06) vs GSX-R750 (K6/K7)

Firstly, this is not a topic of which is better! I'll ride them both and work that out myself. As many people have mentioned, when buying a bike look at servicing, minor and major, aftermarket accessories like fender eliminator, rearsets etc.

All the people who own 2006 ZX-636R's, and 06/07 GSX-R750 I would like to know some comparison's if you please on the above items.

Getting very close! Supposed to go test-riding over the weekend but the weather was crapola!

Cheers!
    Mish

Well once you work out which one is better by yourself, you'll know which one to buy. Don't get what you're asking!

Comment

I think the gsxr is to narrow for me but i also think the zx is top heavy so i would have to say probably the gixxer.

my 2c

Cheers Rickyj

Comment

Have never ridden the Gixxy but own the 06 ZX6R and its a fantastic bike, extremely flickable and has a fair amount of grunt for a middleweight (due perhaps to the extra 37cc it has over other 600's). Havent had any problems with mine, easy to trick up with aftermarket goodies. Took it to the PSB Trackday this past weekend and had a great time on it.

Set aside your brand bias (if you have one) and go for the one you feel comfortable on. You won't find the limits of either machine unless you are a racer so just be objective and consider what sort of 'real world' use you are going to make of your chosen weapon!

Comment

The zx-6 has a goddam awful ball crushing shaped tank

that alone makes the gsx-r a better buy

Comment

Real world, they are both fantastic as they are not high rpm screamers. They have low-down torquey engines that can live in day to day as I will be using mine as a daily rider but will also more the enjoy the weekend scratchesr/trackday/rides with the girlfriend/Melb for the GP.

What I'm asking is comparison costs on running the bikes.

Comment

I got a 636 and it just cost me a fortune coz I had an off...thank god for insurance... hehe

Costs will be relatively the same. Just buy what makes you happy.
              Originally posted by kyliejane
              benjamin is nobodys friend. if benjamin were an ice cream flavor, he'd be pralines and dick.
              Originally posted by harns
              Good riders don't need insurance though, they can evade any situation

BUY_MY_BIKE!!!

Comment

Yah, ride both, decide which one you want and buy it.

(it will be the suzuki)

Comment

Originally posted by Mish View Post
                  Real world, they are both fantastic as they are not high rpm screamers.

I haven't riden the 636 but have ridden a 750 and that thing loved to be revved. Over 8 grand the it was singing like a bird and its definately where you'll get the most out of it. Make a great track day bike too. I actually really liked the 750 even though it felt pretty tiny.
                  Those who risk nothing, do nothing, achieve nothing, become nothing.

Comment

^^^ GSX-R seat height is lower, probably less pressure on the wrists also...

Comment

Originally posted by T_B R1 View Post
                      I haven't riden the 636 but have ridden a 750 and that thing loved to be revved. Over 8 grand the it was singing like a bird and its definately where you'll get the most out of it. Make a great track day bike too. I actually really liked the 750 even though it felt pretty tiny.

same with the 636, the thing loves to be revved. yeah, it goes well at low rpm, but holy fcuking christ when you rev it. she goes hard. prolly not like the 750, but still pulls hard at high revs. If you let the rpm drop you certainly know about it.
                      Originally posted by kyliejane
                      benjamin is nobodys friend. if benjamin were an ice cream flavor, he'd be pralines and dick.
                      Originally posted by harns
                      Good riders don't need insurance though, they can evade any situation

BUY_MY_BIKE!!!

Comment

have'n riden both the 750 wins hands down

Comment

got the k6 750. no shortage of after market fruit. cant comment on the 636, but id imagine no shortage there either.

pretty suer service intervals are the same.

ride both...i think u will land up with the suzi

Comment

the 636 comes with a slipper clutch from memory, does the 750 get similar fruit?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr M00se View Post
                              the 636 comes with a slipper clutch from memory, does the 750 get similar fruit?

sure does also comes with a gear indicator. i believe the 636 comes with a lap time though, but not certain on that one?

Comment

Working...
                              X