Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many KM's should you get out of a tank of fuel on a GPX?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many KM's should you get out of a tank of fuel on a GPX?

Just wondering if any GPX riders know approx how many KM's you should get out of a tank of fuel? (Just general commuting and weekend rides)
    In the cherry blossom's shade
    There's no such thing
    as a stranger.

i think it should be at least 300ks, probably more
    If cleanliness is next to godliness, why was jesus a dirty sandal-wearing beardo?

Comment

at least 220ish, depending on how its ridden.

on my zzr (basically same bike) i just used to fill up somewhere around there, which was pretty close to, or on, reserve...

edit:
      As per semi's post - i have had 300+ out of it before. I wouldn't bet on it as you ride it harder tho
      “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

from what i can remember
        240ish till reserve 30/40km on reserve.
        "Some people are like clouds. When they disappear it's a beautiful day"

Comment

Cool thanks guys Just needed to know, fairly new bike so I don't want to be stranded
          There's no such thing
          as a stranger.

Comment

Originally posted by porcelain View Post
            Cool thanks guys Just needed to know, fairly new bike so I don't want to be stranded

You know about the reserve tap right?

If it runs out with the tap on "on" you should be able to turn it to reserve (may need to turn it to "prime" first until it starts), and get another 30km or so out of it... which should get you to a servo...
            “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Yeah I know about the reserve tank but thanks I've been alll clued up by the better half
              There's no such thing
              as a stranger.

Comment

If you fill up pretty shortly after you get to reserve, you should be fine.

You can usually get another 5km or so once the stuttering starts (when you're REALLY out of fuel) if you ride it carefully.

Comment

I've got an 07 GPX, for daily riding I get 320 - 350kms before hitting reserve, more like 280 for a weekend/ group run, reserve should give you 30 - 40kms before you go dry. (Tested with a mate + jerry can)

Comment

What am I doing wrong/right? Mine is running very rich at idol (ZZR - same motor) and I get between 340-360km every time before having to switch to reserve.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushyz View Post
                      What am I doing wrong/right?
                      Not giving it enough beans?

Comment

zr 250

335 ks incl reserve

Comment

Originally posted by Bushyz View Post
                          What am I doing wrong/right? Mine is running very rich at idol (ZZR - same motor) and I get between 340-360km every time before having to switch to reserve.

Well, if you "want" to chew through the fuel like i did....

- switch the front sprocket to -1 (engine spins harder for same road speed = use more fuel)
                          - use that gear lever and keep the revs up

economy for me got progressively worse as i started riding it harder/faster

edit:
                          I'll also point out that as I was FIFO for the duration of my ZZR ownership.... very few of the kays were straight roads, long, economical commuting... it was virtually all riding for the sake of riding, taking the twisty way to wherever, etc... as they say, your milage may vary
                          Last edited by thro; 06-11-2007, 07:42 PM.

Comment

200-220 then hit reserve. That is if riding the bike up and around 11000rpm all day long (mostly 2up as well). So you should get much better economy.

Some people have stated 400k's to a tank, but they must be riding at snails pace.

Comment

i get 340 before hitting reserve have even done 350, thats with bp ultimate and im not that timid on the throttle either.
                              I know i cant spell, please don't feel the need to correct me

Comment

Working...
                              X