Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

6" Tall people, what 600cc are comfortable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6" Tall people, what 600cc are comfortable?

Hi guys,

I'll be on the market soon for a 600 or perhaps 750 and want to know which bikes are more comfortable to ride than others. I love sports bikes and know that it'll never be as comfortable as a cruiser or something like that. I also know that I'll have to ride them to truly know what will suit me.

I am of average build, 6" tall, reasonably long limbs, brown hair, green eyes and like walks on the beach...jokes. first three features apply to this thread.

What I've been looking at is:
    Suzuki gsxr600/750
    Kawasaki zx6r or close
    Honda cbr600rr.

Due to my poor-arse-ness the above bikes would have to be later model such as around 1994-98 or around there.

Any input would be great.

mike.t
    Racer #202

Mate used to ride a 98 zx6r he's a little taller than 6 ft and a bit gangley in the ole limb department and never heard a complaint from him in terms of being uncomfortable.

I'm 6ft, reasonably slim build also bit gangley and the times that i rode this bike i found it to be a largish 600 (couldn't have both feet flat on the ground) but a very comfortable and enjoyable ride nonetheless.

Obviously tho they're always gonna give you a bit of trouble on long rides in terms of soreness like any other supersport but yer we went on hill runs n a couple other lengthy rides and he never complained at all
    Last edited by Pagey; 06-11-2007, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Seriously mate, we can't tell you what you'll find comfortable.

So I'll drag out the answer you heard 100 times a day: go and sit on them yourself, see what you like and dislike, then decide from there.

/threadkill
      For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
      For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Originally posted by mike7 View Post
        I am of average build, 6" tall, ...
        6" = 6 inches. Therefore I would recommend something from the Action Man collection.

All jokes aside I rode my cousins '92 ZX6R and it was pretty nice. I'm 6'4".

Good luck with the search.
        Feels good man.

Comment

I can only comment on the late model 636 but I'm 6' and I while I found the seating position and 'bars positioning to be comfortable, I had/have a bit of an issue with cramping in my thighs and sore hips from the peg position. Probably partially due to an old injury and having long legs.

Comment

ask deej
            "Some people are like clouds. When they disappear it's a beautiful day"

Comment

Probally a CBR F4 or if you are looking at late 90's the ZX6R or the Yammie thunder cat. The newer bikes have slowly become narrower and narrower focus and have all the real world ergonomics of a RGV or RS250 ie missing in action.
              Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

Originally posted by esquire View Post
                6" = 6 inches. Therefore I would recommend something from the Action Man collection.
                tehe.. I was about to post something similar... beaten.

Comment

I'm 6'7" and sitting on a GSXR600 was quite comfy, but felt like I was squatting on it.
                  Having sat on the more recent super sports up to 1000cc, the squatting issue seems to be the biggest as far as size goes. They're all fairly low bikes.

I ended up buying a VFR800, which is consequently for sale at the moment in the For Sale section (free plug to myself) as it gave me a bit more leg room.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonchilds View Post
                    I'm 6'7"
                    DISCLAIMER: I is an idiot

"Physics is: - like sex. Sure, it may give some practical results, but that's not why we do it.
                    - to maths what sex is to masturbation"
                    -Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by voided View Post
                      And everything's in proportion ladies

Comment

Originally posted by Jonchilds View Post
                        And everything's in proportion ladies
                        Dude I just ate.

Comment

What?
                          Do size 17 feet, 3-4XL gloves freak you out?

Comment

i'm just over 6 foot, and out of the 600rr, gixxer, zx6-r... i had no issues with any of them.

if you're 6 foot... take your pick i reckon.

i didn't try the r6, but i would doubt that it would be massively different...
                            “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Originally posted by mike7 View Post
                              What I've been looking at is:
                              Suzuki gsxr600/750
                              04/05 GSX-R's will be perfect for you

Comment

Working...
                              X