Triumph daytona 675

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Triumph daytona 675

your thoughts? will be looking for a bigger bike next year but i need to know what sort of bike to be dreaming about in the mean time. is still a toss up betwean R6 or 675
    I know i cant spell, please don't feel the need to correct me

Originally posted by HispeedVP View Post
    your thoughts? will be looking for a bigger bike next year but i need to know what sort of bike to be dreaming about in the mean time. is still a toss up betwean R6 or 675
    My thought...Awesome bike! owened one for a while, had to sell it, to many toys, not enough room. Its got lots of goodies on it standard that the others dont have, gear indicator, programable shift lights etc, handle like they are on rails, heaps of go, great brakes, they keep the big boys honest on country runs, plenty of torque down low in the revs so easy to just cruise around town on without having to keep the revs up. only found two things i didnt like, one was the shape of screen directed air at my face at speed, made for a sore neck on long runs, double bubble screen would fix that, the other was its not very good for taking pillions, only took the missus on it once, niether of us enjoyed that much, but that could be totally different for you depending on your size and thie size of any pillion, could have made it better with suspension adjustments but i had it set really firm. Im thinking about getting another one for a track bike. Take one for a ride, you will love it!

Comment

Awesome bike, needs better brakes.

Comment

so badly wanted one of these ... was like sitting on bricks though

Comment

Originally posted by Desmogod View Post
          Awesome bike, needs better brakes.

you say it needs better brakes but is that from a track perspective or as a daily rider. I spoke to you about the 600RR how do the brakes on that ridden at normal traffic speed compare to the 675? I am going to take them both for a test ride once my back is sorted.
          build a bridge and get over it you twat

Comment

I bought seano's bike and it now lives on the track. I bought it in preference to a R6. Not sure what desmo means about the brakes. I put carbone lorraine pads in and whilst they are not the brembo radials of my 749R they do quite nicely. Added a full arrow titanium system and remapped. adjusted the standard suspension to suit me and lap times now down to 65.86 . more track mumbo than stock R6 due to the mid range. thous have to really get on it to catch me by the top of the hill out of the basin at wanneroo

bloody brilliant in my view and I have owned dukes for years that spoil you for midrange, brakes and handling

q
            Last edited by quattro750; 06-11-2007, 06:27 PM.
            bevel drive, belt drive, desmoquattro, testastretta, desmosedici....an evolution
            -> Triumph 675, a revolution and obsession
            __________________________________________________ _________________________

Comment

Originally posted by quattro750 View Post
              I bought seano's bike and it now lives on the track.
              are you sure you dont want to sell it back to me?

Comment

Originally posted by Viper View Post
                so badly wanted one of these ... was like sitting on bricks though
                :cement:
                Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean'o View Post
                  are you sure you dont want to sell it back to me?
                  next mod is to fit power commander and dyno tune....then some suspension maybe.

move on young man

q
                  bevel drive, belt drive, desmoquattro, testastretta, desmosedici....an evolution
                  -> Triumph 675, a revolution and obsession
                  __________________________________________________ _________________________

Comment

didn't desmogod start a thread a little while ago on the 600's?

I dunno how to put links up, but if you look through the last couple of pages in general bike talk, it'll be there

I seem to remember it was quite comprehensive
                    Originally posted by Ryanoceros
                    How many bikes can you buy today that have an otto cycle motor?

Comment

If it's comfy for you when you check it out, don't hesitate (as from this post, you're quite obviously keen on it already), they're an awesome bike.
                      “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

A friend of mine is also in the market for a new 600 but doesn't have her open class yet.
                        I took the liberty of testing all of the 600's around.

I must say that the 2008 daytona took me by surprise.
                        What a machine!
                        It is a little taller (seat height) than the others, but everything else about the bike makes you forget this very quickly.
                        Power delivery for a 600 (675 in this case) is incredible, it's like a litre bike in that if you decide to open it up in 4th or 5th gear it'll still come onto power nicely. Handling was so so nice, it cuts into corners sharply.
                        One thing i liked about it too was the body position, it feels a lot narrower than the other 600's and my legs fit snug down the edge of the tank, very comfy.

Having said this, i did get to have an 07 R6 for 2 days while my R1 was being serviced.

All i can say is that it's easy to see that the R6 was designed predominantly for the track.
                        It is an absolute weapon and the 2008 is supposed to be much better still!
                        Handling, power, stopping. The whole package is amazing.

You're up for a difficult choice, after riding all of the 600's if i had to choose it would also come down to these two.

When you get the chance, take both of them for a ride for at least a half hour. That way you'll come across the smaller aspects in each that you may or may not like.

Good luck.

Comment

the only thing im worried about with the triumph is parts availibility compared to the yamaha or wont this be a problem?
                          I know i cant spell, please don't feel the need to correct me

Comment

I've never heard of it being a problem to get parts for either make.
                            I had to get an 06R1 tank once, it took like a month coming from japan but this is worst case scenario.

Any parts you can't find on the forum or internet, either dealership should be able to get them direct from their respective factories.

Comment

Go the Triumph Daytona 675... I DID!

Hey HispeedVP, i test rode 7 bikes a couple months back. Before that, i had never ridden a bigger bike apart from my Honda VTR 250 which i had for 2 years. So i was pretty open to all the brands on the market in the 600 range.

I did test ride a 1000, but i didn't even have to change out of 1st. I went on the freeway and thought, well i guess i can change to second and third to see what its all about... . But i wanted something i could play around with the gear ranges and decided something below the litre was the choice.

First bike i rode was the Triumph and i liked it. I said to the guy in the store that i wanted to try some more bikes so i can get an idea of whats out there. He said 'you'll be back!' I didn't pay much attention to that comment till i was on my 7th bike...

In the end i purchased a Triumph Daytona 675 - Red. Unfortunately because there is only 1 factory, if the bike is not around in the 2 metro bike stores or the one in bunbury, unfortunately you will have to wait - much like i am. I ordered my bike over 8 weeks ago and i am still waiting. *SIGH* They estimate another 3 more weeks before i can ride away.

So a word of warning is if you do plan on buying new, get in extra early and don't sell your old bike until you can physically see and touch your new one. Thats not just with Triumphs, but any bike for that matter. My old bike sold nearly 5 weeks ago and its killing me not to have a bike - especially when it was my main form of transport.

Anyway, thats my 2 cents worth and hope it helps. As other people have mentioned, the power is in all of the range of the bike - even when i was on the freeway and in 6th gear i was still able to open her up. What i found with alot of the japanese bikes is that you need to get a mid to high rev range to really do something. The Triumph was just there at any range.

Go for some test rides like what i did and that will really give you an indication to the style riding you want and how the machine handles. We can all tell you what to get, but you need to be happy with how a bike feels, drives, handles, brakes etc....

Last point on the Triumph -
                              Go to youtube and just type in daytona 675 - there are heaps of videos on it. Be different - and go your own way. Cheers.

What my bike will look like when it arrives...(Below)
                              2008 bikes i think only have Black, Red, Blue and i think Yellow - Graphite has been discontinued so i have been informed.

Originally posted by HispeedVP View Post
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X