New Honda CB1000R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Honda CB1000R

Honda has launched the radical new CB1000R at the Milan motorcycle show.

Based on the 2007-spec FireBlade engine, it’s the most hardcore naked bike the firm has ever made.
    The CB1000R may appear closely related to the Hornet 600, but the CB1000R is only related in its basic styling – the clue is in the name. The current 600 is called a CB600F Hornet – the ‘F’ denoting the bikes softer, more friendly attitude.

The ‘R’ in the CB1000R’s title hints that Honda has made the bike a much harder-edged machine, and the decision to drop the ‘Hornet’ title shows that the firm is keen to distance the two differently-focused machines.

The CB1000R is powered by a detuned version of the 2007 Fireblade’s 998cc inline four, set up for low and midrange power. The fuel injector bodies are considerably smaller at 36mm (the Fireblade has 46mm bodies), and each cylinder’s independent ignition and fuel setup is tailored for low and mid-range torque as well as a linear delivery.

The CB1000R’s aluminium backbone frame is a development of the 2007 Hornet 600’s, but the rest of the chassis parts are considerably higher spec than the budget-priced 600. The upside-down forks are taken from the 2008 Fireblade.
    Four-piston radially-mounted Tokico calipers grabbing 310mm discs are standard, but there’s an ABS version which has three-piston Nissin calipers and Honda’s Combined Braking System.

Hmmmmm......
    I want to leave this world the same way I entered it, screaming and covered in blood.

hey pretty cool!

Comment

I have an erection!

Desmo: I wants one! Just not in metallic puke green
      For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
      For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Certanitly better looking than its brother the 08 Fireblade..

Sign me up!

Comment

looks a bit like the ktm .... any one think?

Comment

Looks like they are taking styling cue's from Kawasaki again.
            However the Z1000 looks alright.
            sigpic

Comment

hey, single-sided swingarm! how cool does that wheel look!
              "No machine has a soul until a man shares his own with it."

Comment

OK now there's two naked bikes i would possibly consider getting. That and the B-king.

I think I'd look real good on a B-King, and appropriately proportioned for me i think.

Comment

On one hand, i'm "fuck yeah!".

On the other... i note the lack of pillion comfort, and think that they've caused yet another bike to become pillion unfriendly. Unless those are pillion grab rails on the side of the tail?

edit:
                  Or are they going to keep something like the cb900 available as a bike you can actually go distance on with a passenger who wants to be able to walk afterwards?
                  “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Yuck - looks like a z1000 and brutale had a drunken shag and this is the offspring

Comment

ooo noice!

anyone got a rough price range?

Comment

Originally posted by ddmoore View Post
                        ooo noice!

anyone got a rough price range?
                        Sorry guys I forgot to link the source;
                        Milan Show: FireBlade-based Honda CB1000R to replace Honda Hornet 900 - Motorcycle News - MCN

They're predicting around £7,500 GBP = $16,910 AUD

Mick
                        I want to leave this world the same way I entered it, screaming and covered in blood.

Comment

Nice!!
                          Not a huge fan of the exhaust tho

Comment

yamaha tail, z1000 body, hacked up suzuki front end

looks orright

Comment

Sweet, thats a bit more like it
                              Increasing my carbon footprint - one 500 @ a time...

Comment

Working...
                              X